'Feelers Poll' - Random Crits or No Random Crits

What do you think the testing server default should be in terms of random crits?

• I want the server default to have random crits ON

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • I want the server default to have random crits OFF

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • I am impartial, and don't frankly care whether they are off or on.

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
But... I don't... I mean I'm all for keeping people from being malicious but it really doesn't help. Changing the critpref method to something that can't be abused doesn't remove p_sc or map configs from existence. Are we going for security through obscurity here or something? The other methods exist, not telling people about them isn't going to help that much. How many times has anyone (not just on TF2M) made a malicious map?

I don't really care what, if any, method is implemented but one can be done in 2 minutes and one requires a plugin to be written. If such a plugin is really easy to make too then ok. But worrying about the abuse seems silly... it's like someone said "if you have a snake problem in your garden, kill them with a rake" and then someone else goes "wait... you could kill PEOPLE with a rake! lets create a chemical that kills snakes and is harmless to people" ...but everyone still has rakes in their shed anyway.

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
This poll is as close as the Scottish Referendum. Assuming that "Yes random crits" means "Yes independence" at 46%, causation means we can safely deduce that the fate of Great Britain lies in the balance of this poll. Vote no random crits.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Who gave the Scots the right to decide if our server has crits? Kick em out of the Union I say for their audacity!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
300px-British_Isles_Venn_Diagram-en.svg.png

If they leave it'll get MORE complex since Scotland will move out of the UK, but remain in Great Britain

(Also that diagram seems to be missing a lable for "Britain", the inner most ring for just England and Wales.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
It's also missing a background color of any sort. First time I've seen somebody abuse PNG transparency by accident.

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
Getting back to the topic at hand... The only sort of complication I can see with this is that I am currently doing a collaboration with someone else on a map and we do have very strong different opinions when it comes to something like this. Otherwise, letting the map makers have full control over Critz is an awesome idea!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Who gave the Scots the right to decide if our server has crits? Kick em out of the Union I say for their audacity!

I'm fine with banning Turbo from tf2m

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I would like crits to be turned off to stem the tide of never ending bitching and moaning about crits from the many, many cynical assholes on our servers. We can hardly go 2 minutes without someone making some snide comment about random crits. It's really begining to get to me

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I would like crits to be turned off to stem the tide of never ending bitching and moaning about crits from the many, many cynical assholes on our servers. We can hardly go 2 minutes without someone making some snide comment about random crits. It's really begining to get to me

I think there was a nicer way to put this.

------------------------------------------------------------
I would be against turning crits off on the server because people whine too much. If you feel there are people who are complaining too much about it, give an admin a heads up and we'll take care of it.

I would like to remind everyone that while you are allowed to say "I don't like random crits" saying so at every possible chance, or insesently complaining about it is not the best way to get things changed. We do have a "Don't be a jerk" rule.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I'm never around but I almost agree with YM there. We have a history of having some very vehemently vocal people and as much as I hate people like that and don't want to give in to them, it could make everything much easier if the people who want crits aren't asshats.

Should've made it a 7 point poll.
• I strongly want crits ON
• I moderately want crits ON
• I somewhat want crits ON
• I don't care
• I somewhat want crits OFF
• I moderately want crits OFF
• I strongly want crits OFF

Then we'd know where the zealousness lies.