Mann Mountain

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Could you refine the teleporters a little? I don't like being on the final turn before the end of the track and falling off, only to be teleported back 1/3 the track.

When I'm done with the new bonus pickup system, I'll look into it.

Codybean1

L1: Registered
Apr 6, 2012
How did you make the Dash panels? I'm working on a Kart Racing map myself.

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
How did you make the Dash panels? I'm working on a Kart Racing map myself.

You need to have a brush entity with the texture as tools/toolstrigger with the entity set to tf_add_player_condition, and then set the time for however long you want it to last(-1 for just inside the brush), and the condition to TF_COND_KART_DASH or something like that.

Codybean1

Apr 6, 2012
Thanks for the speedy response! (no pun intended)

Stickface

L2: Junior Member
Feb 7, 2014
How'd you make it so you start with 500%
I was testing a map and realized that the cart wasn't moving nearly as fast as it should of been.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Fr0Z3n what are we expecting in the next map update? :p

How about a quick update now?

I've been working on a spell replacement system. The Spells weren't that great, as a cart driver you could only have Uber, the Parachute jump and the boxing glove. This made the experience, I feel, kind of dull and boring because there was no battle spells.

So, in replacement for that, I've added a new pickup system (ducks!). Team Fortress 2 is a Team game, so why not making it a Team Kart Racing gamemode? Collectively as a team, you will be collecting ducks which add to your teams total. When your teams collective count hits a threshold, your team will either gain a buff, or incure a debuff on the opposing team. Now, I have some basic buffs/debuffs in now.

Burning
  • Applies burning to the opposing team. Burning is applied for 5 seconds.
Bleeding
  • Applies bleeding to the opposing team. Bleeding is applied for 5 seconds.
Stun
  • Applies Stun to the opposing team. Stun is applied for 5 seconds. This immobilizes the opposing team for the duration.
Regeneration
  • Applies regeneration to the team.
Tiny
  • Applies Tiny condition to the opposing time. This is applied for 5 seconds.
Speed Boost
  • Applies speedboost to the team.

This isn't a complete list, as I'm still trying to get some kinks worked out of this system, but it's a good idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. Other crazy ideas for bonuses is welcome.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
_a3 out now.

The mega jump in the second area now has a "make it or don't" dash requirement.
Removed spells

Added new team collection system:
As a team, collect ducks to gain a bonus for your team or to apply a debuff to your opponents!
For now, there are SIX different possible buff/debuffs:

Burning
  • Applies burning to the opposing team. Burning is applied for 5 seconds.
Bleeding
  • Applies bleeding to the opposing team. Bleeding is applied for 5 seconds.
Stun
  • Applies Stun to the opposing team. Stun is applied for 5 seconds. This immobilizes the opposing team for the duration.
Regeneration
  • Applies regeneration to the team.
Tiny
  • Applies Tiny condition to the opposing team. This is applied for 5 seconds.
Speed Boost
  • Applies speedboost to the team.

I will be evaluating this system over the next few tests to see what people think. I'll be looking into add more interesting/zany/wacky buffs/debuffs as I figure out what works, what doesn't and what would be RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME.

EDIT: Known things that aren't included in this update.
There is no hud to show how many ducks each team has.
There is some missing models of waterfalls around the first big area. Unsure why this is, they aren't custom models.

Last edited:

RuvanJ

Nov 3, 2014
May I make a suggestion? Just a little interior work. Why not add a railway coming out a tunnel then make a bridge spanning over the race track and into another tunnel, occasionally a train with box cars and flat cars will pass over the bridge in different directions :p AND it could be used as an obstacle for the carts to jump over using the dash jump/short cut.

Here's an image to show what I mean:

8PCiiOb.png