KotH Something (Unnamed)

Michaelthurston

L1: Registered
Aug 9, 2009
Map is dead, see new thread: Koth_snowday

Hey guys, I have been out of making maps with Hammer for quite some time, but I decided I wanted to give it another whirl.

Today I have for you the a3 version of my new map, koth_something. I have no idea what the name should be yet.

It's playable, and has nav for bots should you want to give it a spin.

my current tasks are balancing, adding a few more structures, and just generally bettering the map. I know I have a few lighting issues, but I have no idea about how to fix that...

I have not had much "by the book" learning when it comes to hammer, I have mostly gotten where I am on my own, and with google. So please PLEASE give me feedback on something I'm doing terribly wrong. I only recently learned about func_detail... :unsure:

So anyways, check it out and let me know what you think.

I hope you enjoy it!

Cody.

Update 12/15/2014: Version Alpha 6 released.

Last edited:

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
I had a quick runaround and immediately noticed that the map is very open and has very little cover. It's also very dark.

A couple of other things:
xeYG6jz.jpg

ORRAAAANNNGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Tone it down please.

cvrzFLK.jpg

The top spawn door clips through the floor in the OOORRAAANGGGEEEE room whenever it opens.

Michaelthurston

Aug 9, 2009
Looks like the wrong version got uploaded...sorry about that. Will remedy after work today.

Last edited:

Michaelthurston

Aug 9, 2009
Alpha Version 5 is now out. I have updated the download link.

Still playable with bots.

As per suggestion I added some more structures to fill in the space.

I am still having problems with lighting. It seems that in some spots (both red and blue sniper areas and the cap to name a few) light just won't cast on the ground. If you walk under it your weapon will be lighted, but the brushes will not be lighted. Another problem is on certain brushes I can see shadows from outside, IE: if a player walks behind a wall, I see their shadow walking from outside. Any ideas?

Anywho, Thanks for looking.

Give it a play and let me know if there's anything you can help me with!

Thanks

MT.

Michaelthurston

Aug 9, 2009
Bump, I'd really like some feedback if at all possible. Also some help with my lighting if anyone knows.

Thank you.

Michaelthurston

Aug 9, 2009
Thanks man, but you got ahold of the wrong version. I don't know how that keeps happening.. I will have yo re upload when I get home tonight, if you want to give it another go. That's a dreadful version, and I apologize.

gvarados

Nov 27, 2014
Most of the same problems still exist.
Red's spawn has a blu resupply cabinet in it... makes spawn camping much easier with that missing roof