Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
The 2015 72hr Winter Special!
Jan 23rd @ 9PM GMT to Jan 26th @ 9PM GMT
Rules and Regulations | Upload Thread | Voting Thread

Voting Thread
Well, we've had another amazing turnout for the 72hr contest, with 43 awesome maps having been submitted. It's going to be a difficult one to judge! As so many maps have been entered in this contest we've decided to split up to voting into two stages to help us decide which maps you think are best.

In the first stage, we'll be whittling down the maps into a smaller pool of "finalists" by having you guys decide if you feel each map should be in the finalist's pool. This is how that'll work:

• For each map you'll be asked whether you feel it should be a finalist, to which you can respond: "Yes", "No" or "I haven't played it."
  • When the first voting period is over, the 15 maps with the highest number of "Yes" votes will be selected.
  • We'll be keeping an eye on map plays and trying to ensure that each maps gets a fair chance - be aware though that typically better entries get played more times. If you have any concerns over the number of times your map has been played, send me a message.
  • Please try to judge the maps fairly. Don't just vote for one map to go through.
I'll announce how we're going to do 2nd stage voting when I've worked it out myself. :p

The Google Form for 1st stage is now available at: http://goo.gl/forms/JsHXCrGMAh - Voting closes Monday, 9th Febuary at 9PM GMT

In the meantime, here is a spreadsheet you can use to keep track of your feedback and votes: http://eu.tf2maps.net/72hr_feedback.xls - You can also use this to submit your vote if you're unable to use the google form for whatever reason.

Last edited:

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Hey Geit, are you going to update heatmaps.tf with the 72 hour maps?

I asked this question a while ago, I think he said something along the lines of the mumble server conflicting with it and some things were broken that he needs to fix first before he can do the imaging.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Finally finished playing all 72 and have submitted my votes

b1_in_hd_by_tomajko-d7dz8iy.png

BanjoGin

L1: Registered
Sep 23, 2014
I have also finished the voting and I was able to play all the 72hr maps as well. I might do some edits prior to Monday if I feel I need to add more feedback.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
If anyone gets a chance to run an imp over the next few days (I may run a few myself), these are the maps that need the most testing and the least testing according the polling results currently:
Code:
---LEAST PLAYED---
turf_whiskeyriver_a15
cp_hollowtop_72_a5
koth_centrifuge_72_a4a
pl_7244896_72_a4
ctf_aquifer_72_a2
cp_hilly_72
koth_nadir_a1
pl_danny72hr_a3
koth_breakout_72_a4

cp_flashwind_72_a5    
ctf_ynders_72_a6    
cp_backalley_72    
plr_bien_72_b1    
plr_split_72_a5    
cp_ankh_72_a4
---MOST PLAYED---
The results are quite interesing at the moment with a lot of maps vying for those cruicial few spaces in the finalist list, be sure to vote before the deadline!

Last edited:

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Sorry guys, I got caught up in the Evolve release and completely forgot I was supposed to have the results out for 9PM. Without further delay, here's the list of the 15 finalists!

Code:
plr_bien_72_b1
cp_ankh_72_a4
pl_gracehill_72_a2
sd_defusal2_72
sd_sabotage_72_a6
cp_twotower_72_a4
plr_hothouse_72
pd_egan_72_a5
koth_mannieval_72_a5
plr_split_72_a5
koth_centrifuge_72_a4a
pl_tanker_72_a5
arena_aerial_72_b2
ctf_ynders_72_a6
pl_7244896_72_a4
I'll post up a new thread with the information on stage 2 voting some time tomorrow, also the feedback for each individual map submitted with the voting.

You can find the results spread sheet here:
http://eu.tf2maps.net/results.xlsx
http://eu.tf2maps.net/results.pdf

Last edited:

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
Woo, I get to be middling. That's better than I hoped.

Now, I'm all for freedom of information, but I'd have thought maybe you should've deleted the name column of the voters. Privacy and all that.

I apologise for not voting more! I missed a lot of the testing but I did want to attend more and I was updating my vote as I played more maps. Good luck to the finalists!

Oh, and what does the "not played" statistic mean? I guessed higher percentages mean less playtime, but...?

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You could vote "yes", "no" or "not played". So it's the amount of "not played" votes each map got.