how to get CS:S, EP 1&2 textures for Source SDK ?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
yeah but owning the Half-Life games is still p. much a mandatory part of being a gamer

we can solve two separate issues in one thread

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Bottom line is don't try to acquire assets from games that cost money. It's not right morally regardless of their licensing in my opinion.

Plus, using those textures in a TF2 map never looks good, you'd be better off trying to find some custom TF2 textures or making some yourself to suit your needs, or just use urban textures from King and Mannhattan as mentioned before.

Mar 23, 2013
Bottom line is don't try to acquire assets from games that cost money. It's not right morally regardless of their licensing in my opinion.

Like Valve/other companies would give a damn when you use their textures in a little custom map as long its not going to be included in the offical game

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Like Valve/other companies would give a damn when you use their textures in a little custom map as long its not going to be included in the offical game

Personally, I don't care if they don't care, I just don't think it's right to redistribute stuff for free that was worked hard on by another human being as his way of earning money.

The Siphon

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 2, 2015

Plus, using those textures in a TF2 map never looks good, you'd be better off trying to find some custom TF2 textures or making some yourself to suit your needs, or just use urban textures from King and Mannhattan as mentioned before.

I was making a trade server and I wanted it to have a teleporter to the Half Life universe.
I scrapped that idea....