The 2015 Summer 72hr Mapping Contest!

GPuzzle1

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2015
I would have loved to participate in this, unfortunately, I'm travelling on the 30th of June.

Probably for the better that I didn't manage to participate in this.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
What are the rules on modifying MVA assets for this?
I wanna try and make some of them.. bigger, but I'm not even sure if the assets are completely available.

I can do this both during/before the contest.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
I wanna try and make some of them.. bigger, but I'm not even sure if the assets are completely available.

Can't you just use the prop scale setting?

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
It doesn't dynamically scale in editor though, so you'll have to compile to see how the scaling works.

I feel like it may also make sense to use maths when you can, though that doesn't really work when you're trying to get a specific bit to a specific size. (Though a VBSP only compile doesn't exactly take forever, so what's lost?)

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Neat, thanks. Anything else change in the last few years I should know about?

Prop lightmaps!

If you can get permission from the MvA people for anyone/everyone to be able to modify the props, and/or release the modified props before the contest begins, then yes.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
How long do we have to say if we're doing one of the other weekends? I'll have to do one of those but I won't know which is better until they are closer. That alright?

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
You can let me know any time up until a period actually starts. I'd like to know before then just for convenience sake, though.

Mangoe

May 31, 2015
I noticed that in a recent update Valve added a cvar for servers that by default blocks usage of point_servercommands. Will the TF2Maps Server have this disabled, so we can use point_servercommands?

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
We've never allowed the use of point_servercommands in the past, and we don't plan on changing that.

We will allow the use of point_servercommands, but we prohibit most of the things that you can do with it. As long as whatever it does is something that automatically resets itself to default, you can use it.

In other words, if its a variable that a sever might have set to something other than the default value, don't mess with it. mp_restartround is an example of something that you can modify, since it isn't a setting.

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I made a mistake in my last post. We will allow point_servercommand to be used, but most of its uses are not allowed. See the above post for a further explanation.

Mangoe

May 31, 2015
So "sv_allow_point_servercommand" will be set to "always"?

And am I able to change the value of "mp_waitingforplayers_cancel"? Not really sure if that's considered a setting or not.