pl_dustmenn

PL Dustmenn b4

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
A few years back, RED opened up a shipping outpost in a small gold mining town. After it went 'ghost', shipments stopped coming in. However, after nearly 4 years, a new deliver has been scheduled. It's a bomb. From BLU. BLU is going to blow the outpost up.

Special thanks to:
deadsource, for creating the original map.
A Boojum Snark, for his resource packs.
The Valve Developer Wiki, for info on how to map.
UEAKCrash, for helpful info on how to map.
The TF2Maps community, for giving me new input for each version. (The pipe isn't a dead end)

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Er... Is there supposed to be grass growing out of solid wood? (first screenshot)

Other than that looks good, although i would say that the red lights (fifth screenshot) are too strong, i can imagine that it might be kind of hard to make out Red players in that tunnel :)

Sorry, I took that screenshot beforfe I updated the texture to leave out the details, so I really need to update that one. The lighs slowly fade in and out, so it wont be so difficult. Also, I don'[t know how to make the lights dimmer, but I assume it involve darkening them.

MaccyF

Notoriously Unreliable
aa
Mar 27, 2015
To make them dimmer just set the fourth value in the colour field to a lower number.

To be honest i agree with Ms. Mudpie. At the very least you'll want to lower the saturation of those lights to make them closer to white; if you look at the Valve maps, all major light sources are white/ near white.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Oh neat, a new update!

Beta 2:
- Decreased the brightness of the lights in the cave
- Added a new detail room above the original one next to the stairs in RED's base
- Improved clipping next to the stairs
- Some small tweaks

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Oh, finally!

Beta 3:
- Changed the skybox and world lighting to prevent "Piss-stain yellow" shadows (Thanks, YM.)
- Reduced chokiness by moving and resizing objects/buildings near 2nd, 3rd, and last.
- Removed displacements in last area due to errors
- A weird lighting glitch occured just before 3rd. Will be fixed in B4
- Added Nobuilds to the bridge, surrounding areas, and surrounding last
- Named the capture points.
- 1st is now "Choker Alley", 2nd is now "Dry Bridge Gulch" and 3rd is now "Shipping Depot A"
- Improved clipping on some stairs
- Re-detailed an area in preparation for a BLU forward spawn. Will hopefully add by B6.
- Numberous minor tweaks

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vgbsobxgczhqmza/pl_dustmenn_b3.bsp

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Umm, your cart is moving too fast. Is that's ok?

What?

You forgot to parent that prop door.

Fix that.

Also, add some planks or something so that all classes could take supplies from there.

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Umm, your cart is moving too fast. Is that's ok?

What?

That's the joke. Originally I messed up with the logic, as I wanted it to enter the last building (I didn't before) and I goofed up as I have no idea what I am doing. I kept it in because I was too lazy to learn how to fix it. I will probably fix it later.

All the other things I will get to.