MannCave2 B3

Livelong

L1: Registered
Aug 1, 2015
I am interested in getting feedback on this map.

Description (For reference):
Manncave2_b3 is an infinite-time(Or at least as close as humanly possible) KOTH map, featuring heavy use of colored lighting, dev textures, and 54 physics objects.
The main balancing features include ejecting exits, aggressive anti-spawncamp, and fake walls to thwart snipers.
Download, take a look, and enjoy!

Last edited:

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Point 1. Awesome name, mann
2. The map description makes this seem like gimmick heaven (which would cause gameplay to suffer). Try brightening things up quite a bit and adding a few alternate routes to the point
3. Just w word of warning, you're going to have a tough time getting this playtested in the next few weeks, as there's a contest going on that requires a lot of testing. Be patient, though.
4. Releasing straight to Beta? Usually a map that's focusing more on gameplay than detailing progression will be in the Alpha stage.
5. With 54 physics objects, I would expect this map to lag quite a bit when played on a full server.

Anyways, keep this up, and remember to iterate! :D

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Have you ever thought about why no TF2 maps utilize colored lighting like this?

Livelong

L1: Registered
Aug 1, 2015
Thanks for the feedback; I used only-colored lighting mostly because the white light compared with the already-color-lit areas looked bleachy in comparison.