Resource icon

PL Gladdison a6

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Pl_dustmenn, re-built from the ground up.

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Did you come up with the name by combining the names Gladys and Addison? If so, I ought to step up my game.

No, actually. Gladwin and Harrison. They're two towns near me.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
It seems that snipers can shoot very far in the battlements.

Yeah, after I get more feedback from a gameday/imp, I'll try to fix the sightlines a bit.

You know what they say, "When in doubt, prop it out."

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
If you run sideways along the doors in blu's spawn you can get caught on a 1 hu wide difference between the doors and the frames (on all the doors). Also the window in the blu shortcut tunnel looks like you should be able to jump through it. and the tower on the last point looks like you should be able to jump on the base (at least). And the large health and ammo at the last point seem too easy to get as you dont need to use the rubble as all classes other than soldier and heavy. otherwise its a really nice map.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
If you run sideways along the doors in blu's spawn you can get caught on a 1 hu wide difference between the doors and the frames (on all the doors). Also the window in the blu shortcut tunnel looks like you should be able to jump through it. and the tower on the last point looks like you should be able to jump on the base (at least). And the large health and ammo at the last point seem too easy to get as you dont need to use the rubble as all classes other than soldier and heavy. otherwise its a really nice map.

Some of the problems you addressed have been fixed in A2.

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
Why do the screenshots look like they're unfocused?

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Why do the screenshots look like they're unfocused?

I might be because of either one of two reasons.
A- My high frames config
B- A 'Flash Game' graphic setting I saw on a vid a few months back but never reversed.

I'll try to fix these settings tomarrow.

Erilis

L2: Carpets, Travel Goods & Bedding
Dec 24, 2008
I watched the replay of your map since I wasn't able to get into the server at the time.

I really like the layout of your map and I think what you mentioned during the playtest about changing the second ramp into an interior space would be awesome. I immediately thought of that covered area at the second cap in pl_upward.

Have you thought about adding a passage from 2nd cap to the room near the 1st? Was also thinking you could add another indoor or covered area near the third cap that might allow RED to defend the last cap better. Don't know if that would work but just thought I'd throw it in there.
t7EPyBqD6thyw_p8Czs4QaO_qCA1YB_m9_L2_m2y7hc=w1291-h881-no

I thought it played pretty well and I can't wait to see how it will look when you start detailing it!

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Have you thought about adding a passage from 2nd cap to the room near the 1st? Was also thinking you could add another indoor or covered area near the third cap that might allow RED to defend the last cap better. Don't know if that would work but just thought I'd throw it in there.
I thought it played pretty well and I can't wait to see how it will look when you start detailing it!

Thanks for the compliment! I am actually considering doing that path you marked out, and have been for a while. I will probably add it in a4.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Update!

Alpha 4:
-Remade layout.
-Added more ammo/health kits

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
The earlier one was a4pre, a test build I cranked out for a gameday (and it wasn't even tested). The REAL a4 is, again, submitted to a gameday.

Alpha 4:

- Replaced my custom signs with the older, better signs
- Improved all-around clipping
- Re-made RED's base (Sloppily. Will remake it better a5)
- Extended the concrete bridge beneath B to make it less choke-y
- Removed C, as some said it was unessisary.

Read the rest of this update entry...

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
This Auto-Update feature is real neat.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
- Added an exit to the building overlooking the bridge.
- Put a wall infront of said exit to break up sightlines.
- Removed the bridge.
- Added a new cavern flank.
- Added more ammo near last
- Fixed being abkl to build in spawn
- Added a one-way exit to RED's spawn
- Extended a building height-wise so people don't asume that it can be rocket-jumped over
- Fixed cliping for reals the time
- Fixed odd geometry
- Changed railing on RED's base so sentries/bullets/rockets/ect. can pass through.
- Other tweaks/fixes not mentioned

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Update a6:

- Fixed most, if not all the problems adressed in a5 (Mayh worded it best, with "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?")

- Fixed BLU respawn visualizers

- Moved around some doorways to break up a large signtline

- Other changes I forgot about