[WiP]Cp_AssemblyLine

DragonFlame

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2008
EDIT: Alpha2: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=483

Yeah, another CP map, whatever :p.

So yeah This map will be a standard linear CP map, based in a factory of some sort. I am aiming for it to have a feel similar to turbine. There is the overview i whipped up in half an hour in photoshop, although i havent put in passageways for spys and stuff, and its very basic. :(

(The lines that arent a wall are the alternate routes)

Now for a Key, Colored Rectangles are spawns Circles with color are the CPs yo start with, middle CP is obviously Neutral. The map is colored as sort of a revers heightmap so the darker the color the higher it is. As you can see, this means that the middle CP is higher than the rest. Next to the Mid CP are two conveyor belts, one going each way. A skilled demoman or soldier will be able to get up to those belts and take a shortcut to the mid point, and the the others 4th point.

Hopefully i will have more pictures and some basic mapping tommorrow. :)

also, the middle cap point might be over a vat of acid (Thanks Sexy Bread :) )

also, how do i get my images to enlarge and do the fade thingy like others have it?

NOTE ABOUT ALTERNATE ROUTES: The routes which air just lines, will actually be air ducts. there will be holes in the ducts at both ends, and for the ducts connecting CP 2-3 there will be exits where the duct intersects the enemies route to the third cap point.

green are the air duct exits.

Last edited:

ChronoTriggerFan

L420: High Member
Feb 3, 2008
ok, first of all, nice layout, but you are not following the golden rule of layouts, which is Each capture point needs 3 passages into the room add some alternate passages in there, and it should be fine.

also, the middle cap point might be over a vat of acid

When you say that, will player be able to fall into this pit? And if so, does the acid hurt/kill the player? That could be a bit annoying.

DragonFlame

Apr 23, 2008
I am thinking that they will be able to fall in, but it should be very easy to get out (i will probably put stairs out or something). I was thinking that this way you could sort of strategise to know people you cant kill, into the water, and they will take light damage.
After falling in you might have a better chance at killing them.

Also, is that the spray that Apex made for you?

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
You need A) A main route, thats fast but dangerous, B) A long route thats slow but your away from the battle C) Something in between

DragonFlame

Apr 23, 2008
New layout with 2 routes from 1-2 and 3 routed from 2-3.

And I added a map on where the Spy route are.

Last edited:

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
It looks like it's suffering a bad case of room - corridor - room syndrome. Try merging areas into each other and minimise the amount of corridors.