Using HL2 content

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Using HL2 content?

• Total voters

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
With the exeption of the small, almost unnoticable things (various truss textures, the rusted wheels used in goldrush..) you shouldn't use HL2 stuff at all.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
With the exeption of the small, almost unnoticable things (various truss textures, the rusted wheels used in goldrush..) you shouldn't use HL2 stuff at all.

^QFT

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
This poll isn't even nessesairy, the answer is just no, you don't use hl2 models.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
also im pretty sure that not everyone that has tf2 have the hl2 models because you dont need hl2 to run tf2

I'd like to clarify:
EVERYONE WHO HAS TF2 HAS ALL THE HL2 CONTENT
HOWEVER ANYONE WHO ONLY HAS TF2 HASN'T GOT ANY OF THE HL2:EP1/2 OR C:SS STUFF
THIS MEANS YOU CAN USE ALL OF THE CONTENT YOU CAN GET TO USING THE TF2 VERSION OF HAMMER

This poll isn't even nessesairy, the answer is just no, you don't use hl2 models.

Nope, I've used hl2 stuff in hoodoo, I doubt anyone will ever notice it though because, as I said its one of the small out of the way things.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Mm, that's the third time in less than 24 hours i've seen that question/topic posed about usability of hl content.

Might have thought people would take a hint D:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Generally, I give a big fat NOOO to HL2 content. However, if it's really really necessary and it's just an unnoticable thing that can't be replaced with anything from TF2, then I'd accept it.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Then you should try giving someone a request, or just use something else that fits in. For instance, I really wanted a wheelbarrow in my contest map to make it look like someone was transporting gold from a secret room to a truck. But since there are no TF2 style wheelbarrows (the HL2 one is all dirty and rusty, which doesn't fit), I used some shovels and a hard hat instead (yes, a hard hat - you CAN put stuff in them! Just try to be creative).

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Ooh, it came with Lumbermill? Awesome. :)

EDIT: Lumberyard.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
yeah I noticed that just after I posted that... lol

some of the trainyard ones can't though, that little train front, and the reskinned train doors are two that arent under forest

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
Then you should try giving someone a request, or just use something else that fits in. For instance, I really wanted a wheelbarrow in my contest map to make it look like someone was transporting gold from a secret room to a truck. But since there are no TF2 style wheelbarrows (the HL2 one is all dirty and rusty, which doesn't fit)

I lol'd.