L3: Member
Jun 26, 2012
UIVYdgd.png

Now with hand painted wood!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Hey, it could be worse. He could be one of those people who uses the wood slats textures for single planks.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
I figure it's time for some c10 progress shots. Bloom is crazy, and some of the lights are far too intense, but that can be sorted later. Flat windows need to be remade, more props still need to be put in some places.

r3mw6dp.jpg

mnS1QeR.jpg

jxMvSxr.jpg

Also not sure how I can fix the lighting line on the back wall brushes (I guess you have to edit lightmaps somehow?)

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
I figure it's time for some c10 progress shots.
r3mw6dp.jpg

The broken wall and rock there seem out of place to me, judging by how the building right next to it is built why would that broken wall be there right next to that 45 degree angled edge? Also why would the rock be there? Places that have rocks dispersed through the map like that are never as Industrial as this in my mind, any map that I can think of that has rocks like that are mining or ramshackle building like Upward and Dustbowl. There are industrial maps that have huge rocks like gorge but they keep them separate but having them in the wild areas not butted against buildings, like in Gorge's A point valley. Builders wouldn't leave that huge rock there and build around it.

Anyway, I hope you (and everyone else who is detailing a map) understand that this isn't me having a go at you or saying this is terrible but picking at it with a critical eye so help it feel more real. Try asking yourself the kinda rhetorical questions I've asked here when working on your piece and I hope I haven't scared anyone off from posting their W.I.P. entries here.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
Also not sure how I can fix the lighting line on the back wall brushes (I guess you have to edit lightmaps somehow?)

Yeah, it can happen if two neighboring faces have different lightmap resolutions.

It can also happen if one brush is world geometry and the other is a func_detail.

Or when two faces using the same texture don't have the same X/Y offset.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
mvm_japann_front.png

mvm_japann_back.png

it's whatever.

knowing me it probably won't get finished