two things spawn room and number of control points.

Baraleth

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 8, 2008
Hey guys. I'm currently working on a map that has both the blue team and red team spawning in the same place when I don't want them to so can anyone help? And also how many control points can you have in a map?

LD

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
hmm...the 1st problem could be a number of things, most likely is that you should set the info_player_teamspawn enties to be either red or blue

i believe you can have 8 total (might be 9...either 8 or 9), though im sure someone will show up and explain the trick of reusing them if you decide you need more then 8

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'm actually having a similar problem. For some odd reason, blue spawns in the red spawn room.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
If you have a team_control_point_round in your map, you must specify it in the "Blu spawn for round" or "red spawn for round" parameter.

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
I've noticed that sometimes info_teamspawn entities just fuck up for no apparent reason. Just delete them and remake them.

Psyphil

L3: Member
Nov 6, 2007
I've had this problem too, really annoying.

You can have max 8 control points as MrAlBobo said.

Oct 6, 2008
Had the problem on my map too blue spawning in reds spawn - even though it said the red blue thing.

Will give you the coding when I go home basically it's like this:

Spawn room - red or blue
Team Red or Blue

Associated_CP point (or something like this and what I have to check) enter in the name of the 1st CP - if red and the last CP if blue or vice versa.

Round ... A, B, C, etc name it

When you name both the round and yhe associated spawn point you will always spawn at the right strating point 0-)

Last edited:

Baraleth

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 8, 2008
hey. does anyone know what this mean?
info_player_teamspawn failed to find control point round named blue_respawn_1
info_player_teamspawn failed to find control point round named red_spawnroom_01
It appears in the console when I join a team and when the round first starts

LD