[WIP] pl_cornfield

Sep 12, 2008
pl_cornfield

pl_cornfield is a three stage payload map with blu attacking and red defending. The map is based on some dry place in Death Valley, USA. Currently I'm still working on the first stage, and when that's done, I'm going to release it as pl_cornfield_s1_a1.

Some pictures of the first stage in development (these are early screenshots):

The BLU spawn, where blu starts. (duh)
pl_cornfield_a1a0009.jpg

The first control point:
pl_cornfield_a10017.jpg

The BLU spawn is behind the rocks on the left.

The RED facillity, with some awesome silo's and high buildings:
pl_cornfield_a1a0013.jpg

The pit is behind the corner. OH! A pit! at the end of stage one!
Yes, even an explosion! (Everything should end with an explosion, Valve)

This are screenshots of a failed explosion test. Which colour scheme do you prefer? The first, as you can see in all the earlier screens, or the newer, more orange/brown one? (you can see the red spawn gate behind the explosion)
pl_cornfield_a1a0014.jpg

OR
pl_cornfield_a1a0027.jpg

pl_cornfield_a1a0024.jpg

So, once I've finished the entities and the clipping etc, I'll be ready to share the map (my very first one, and I'm proud to say that :D) with you!

Comments and thoughts and warm greetings and hints and tips are needed!
The more feedback, the better the map will get :D

-DBP

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
I'm looking forward to play this map :)

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2008
Looks pretty good :)
Have you playtested it though?
Would be sad if you had to alter much of that detail for balancing the map

oxy

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 27, 2007
Looks like a decent start but I would make sure you get a cornfield in there. That is the first thing I was expecting to see when I clicked on the link. It will also help people remember your map.

Sep 12, 2008
Thanks for the comments!
@oxy - the map is based on a place in death valley, usa, as I wrote in the first post, and is also known as devil's cornfield. It has some unique 'heaps' of dried foilage. here's a picture:
72278707.eHdySmpw.jpg

@zpqrei - yes, I know these commands, I didn't use them for the last screenshots because I was running out of time. :p

I'll try to keep this thread up to date :D

-DBP

Last edited:

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
I see no corn >.>

Sep 12, 2008
Yeah.. and also, can't you see the image from the real devil's cornfield? I'm thinking of adding some of the heaps and formations later..

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Ohh, this is pretty pretty. Nice to see the return of multi-staged payload maps, I had almost forgotten those exist.

Sep 12, 2008
How dare you. :mad:
No, thanks for the reaction! I hope you'll never forget that multi-staged payload exist after seeing this! :D

Sep 12, 2008
Okay, time for a small bump:
Everything's ready to be played! But...
I'm on the most crappy PC ever (it crashes a LOT) so I'm not able to compile my map.
And that's a big problem .. so, you'll have to wait a bit till I've solved my annoying problem here.. I hope you can wait ..

-DBP

<--

Last edited:

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
:/ Not everything is ready to be played ;) as you can probably see in the bsp i sent you :p

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
Hotmail doesnt support 10+ mb attachments :/ , check again, i've split them :p

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
Good you remind me of some screenies I took after compiling with -full -both and some other parameters at full ingame settings :) looks nice, needs some work on the hdr lightning though...