CP_Connection, A 5 cp map by Connect_Four

Alpha 1:
-All Blocked out
-All doors, spawns, cabinets, cps functional

Alpha 2:
-Scaled down the map by a tremendous amount
-Added signage and directions
-Changed the middle cap, 2 new buildings
-Fixed the position of several passageways, and added a few more.
-More health and ammo packs (will reduce in later updates)

I started this map during my break, from beginning idea to final product(a1) took 1 week. After a playtest, I got numerous reports it was too big(I don't have a good eye for proportioning), so I reduced it by a lot in alpha 2.

Pictures:
cp_connection_a20001.jpg

cp_connection_a20002.jpg

cp_connection_a20003.jpg

Things I hope to fix:
-Respawn Times
-Cap Times (If it's an issue)
-Rescale CP2/4 (If it's an issue)
-Fix the ugly, dirty water

Please tell me what you think, and who I can improve my map. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Download: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1051

Last edited:

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
You get a sense for scale over time, it's nothing you can learn real quick but the character models can serve to help towards this end if you place them in hammer.

Proportions do look better. I won't comment too much without playtesting but I'd suggest making A more natural; open areas are neat but neat cover like rocks and stuff to maneuver around; try dropping some of the rock props in there and see how it goes. 3-4 would be good for that size area.

Aug 23, 2008
My only problem with the map as it looks thus far is that the final points are a bit too easy to get to from the 2-4. You need a little bit of travel time and line of sight blockage to ensure that the defenders don't just get pushed off the 2-4 and then instantly capped on their last point. Need to playtest to be sure, but other than that the layout looks pretty solid.