CP Furnace Creek rc

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
FURNACE CREEK
(cp_furnace_rc)
by Nineaxis and Youme

A 3-point Attack/Defend Capture Point map (like Gravelpit). The map is set at sunset, in the desert, where RED is building a parabolic solar array to power a solar ray.

Being worked on by Youme and Nineaxis, we're splitting work using dropbox as a way of sharing files incredibly easily. Currently it's gone through three versions to get layout and balance sorted which is nearly there. It's being overhauled as I type, completely detailed and polished, you can expect a first beta in roughly two weeks from this post.

:thumbup1:

Flythrough video on youtube

Introduction video on Youtube

Last edited by a moderator:

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Cant wait to see how the beta looks :p

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Got some new screenshots out, so you can have some new teasers!! :p

(click for larger views)

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Looks great.

Further feedback: Make roof of B sloped to a large degree. People can kinda just loiter up there without repercussion.

This, but not for that exact reason. As a demoman, I like to place stickies right underneath the vertex, so that when people cross from one side i can just detonate the stickies. Besides, a sloped roof (THAT ONE CAN WALK ON, PLEASE) provides valuable cover for both the defense and the offense by allowing usage of the sides of the roof as kind of a wall to crouch behind away from the enemy entrances.

Also, nice and interesting style of the natural Hydro textures. The corridor picture reminds me of some of the corridors in Hydro that connect the radar dish and the dam.

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Did you two ever use the mud texture I made? I mean. I'm not forcing it on you to use it, it'd just be nice if you did.

I haven't played any maps lately, including Furnace Creek, so I wouldn't know.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Did you two ever use the mud texture I made? I mean. I'm not forcing it on you to use it, it'd just be nice if you did.

I haven't played any maps lately, including Furnace Creek, so I wouldn't know.

Yes we have, its not in the alpha versions but since beta 1 should be around 90-95% detailed so it will be in there.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Ok then fearlezz how is this for new??

lovely.jpg

It shows off the texture I made for aligning tricky displacements. Makes it a dream to do.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Is that so you can see where Bumpmaps will be placed, while displacing in Hammer? Giving it that Gravelpit rockwall effect... where the walls were all displaced outwards where there was a huge bump in the texture.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Is that so you can see where Bumpmaps will be placed, while displacing in Hammer? Giving it that Gravelpit rockwall effect... where the walls were all displaced outwards where there was a huge bump in the texture.

It shows off the texture I made for aligning tricky displacements. Makes it a dream to do.

Let me clarify that a bit, they're for getting them lined up to the adjacent displacements only.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Dunno how it makes it easier for you to make displacements as I'm new to mapping and wont demand you explain it to me either, but why have you painted elephants on it?

E: Ah it was the number 3 not elephant ear :I

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Its an incredibly easy texture to tell which bit you're looking at due to the large scale variations and its also easy to line them up precisely because of the small scale grain in it, which isn't in a lot of the tf2 cliff textures.

And yes, its a 3 not an elephane ear :p

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Have you uploaded those textures anywhere? Where can I download them?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Hows this for a teaser?

Close up:

From a distance:

(click for larger images)

Yeah they're in a test map so you can't see any details from _b1 yet :p

Last edited: