Saguaro is a single stage PL map. The map is not as huge as the most PL maps, the distances between the points are not too long.
The map is set in a western environment and will have a theme like Goldrush or Badwater.
Special thanks to:
-A Boojum Snark (Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack)
-Acegikmo (Environment gallery)
-eerieone for urging to pick old saguaro up again
-Compiled with clips on
-Removed upper spawnexit for BLU to prevent easy flank attacks
-Changed health/ammo around CP1 to make it easier for RED to defend
-Added handrails at a few second floors
-Fixed bugged door
-Added 2nd spawnexit at BLU's forward spawn
-Added more signage
-Added more cover at CP3 to block OP sightline
-Added dynamic signs to show when the shortcut for BLU opens
-Fixed doors having the same name as other ones which resulted in doors opening without anybody being in the trigger at the door
-Made it easier to access the sideroute at the last CP
-Reduced ammo at the last CP
-Blocked overpowered sightline for snipers at last CP -> 3rd CP a little
-Removed useless tunnel beneath the route from CP 2 -> CP 3
-Fixed some props having weird lightning
-Fixed that you could get stuck in forward spawns
-Added a little more signage
-Fixed overpowered sentry spot at CP2
-Reduced ammo at CP2
-Changed a few things around CP3 to make that CP harder to cap for BLU
-Changed a few things around CP4 to make that CP harder to cap for BLU
-Added spectator cameras
-Fixed broken door
-Ability to now get back in your forward spawn
-Made some doorways bigger around the brigde after CP2
-Forward door which opens after CP2 is capped is now a 1-way door
__________________ Constructive Criticism is the most useful. If I tear apart your work its not because I don't like it, its because I do
If a user's Comment or Post is useful to you, Make sure to give them "Thanks!".
The Following User Says Thank You to DJive For This Useful Post:
- Map needs more "oomph" - it plays well, is well designed, but it's doesn't have that little shine yet that makes it special. The start and end areas especially could do with a little fun experimenting
- Weird gates around the first point that do not open when it's capped.
- Can't walk back into the forward spawns.
- A few more arrows would be nice.
- More of a personal thing, but: we've seen so much badwater/goldrush themed payload maps. Please consider making it gorge or lumberyard themed!
- End area has a weird structure with an odd one-way gate for RED. Consider making one big spawn instead of two tiny ones, and extend it all the way across the top to where the one-way gate is now. That would make a little more sense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinker For This Useful Post: