Super Pipeball

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I think there need to be some higher platforms. As of now, the gameplay is limited to a flat area with some props inbetween. Maybe just some small hills could help?

DrHaphazard

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 6, 2008
Thats true, one of the soldiers commented on the futility of rocket jumping. Perhaps some platforms on the side walls, or maybe some kinda structure over the black ball in the center, something you oculd still see through though of course.

PenPen

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 24, 2008
Oh, there was this round where the ball rolled into spawn.

The respawn time was quite long, and it was super long when the black ball came around. I understand where the respawn timer is for but it could be shorter.

And I suppose the black ball only shows up when it is 'sudden death' when both sides got 2 goalseach?

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
50 second respawn at one point...I know this is there to help rounds end, but that is tough for players to sit through regardless of the reason

Not counting that, I thought it was crazy fun

Agree that it needs more verticality

And a way to keep the ball out of the spawn. That's griefing waiting to happen

Overall, great work, keep at it!

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
I am running this map 24/7 right now on one of my servers. I would love an all black ball version. It doesn't matter to me weather you release both versions or not but I would absolutely love an all black version.

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
We found a problem with the map. I wasn't there when it happened but I joined shortly after. Somehow, someone was able to get the ball into the red spawn. Once it was there, we could not get it back out no matter what we tried.

I would image it is related to the terrible clipping this game has and that you would have to go back to having a physical object blocking the ball.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Yes, I think that's the only gamebreaking bug left in the map. When we tested it on a gameday we were also able to push it into the spawns; I thought there was no clipping at all?

The easiest solution would be to raise the spawns while keeping it low enough to jump into. That's a little clumsy, of course, but I'm not sure physics objects can be clipped properly.

T

The Asylum

update time yay

new spawns, new layout, new pretty much everything. OP for details

NoHeroes

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2008
Think maybe we could have a download link that works?

T

The Asylum

What's this doing on the front page? :/

I admit, I screwed up on Super Pipeball big time. That's why it's rotting in my mapsrc folder never to be seen again.