koth_Clifftop

ProfFiendish

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2008
This is an experimental conversion of the latest version of arena_Clifftop to King of the Hill gameplay. Like before, control of the upper level of the buildings is essential, but the danger of falling is lessened due to respawning.

Hopefully, this conversion will increase this map's audience and make it more enjoyable!

Screenshots:
koth_clifftop_a10003.jpg

Connect_Four

Jan 28, 2009
I playtested alpha 2 of the arena version and flew through this version by myself. A few things I noticed:
-Health Cabinets are floating above the ground
-Spawn Camping and griefing is a huge possibility and probable outcome of this map :eek:hmy:

I have some suggestions to the map. Add one more spawn room, or at least add another exit to the existing one. Playerclip the roof of the spawns, demo's can spam and spawn camp from this door.

Other than that, it's a nice KotH. The KotH's that I have played are large and having only a few players on a server makes it less action-y. It's a nice start map to a server that is slowly filling with people, but any more than 5v5 is a bit much for the map. If you continue to grow and expand off the map, I'm sure it will flourish into a fine map. :thumbup1:

ProfFiendish

Nov 15, 2008
Thanks for the useful feedback!

I noticed players spawn camping too (including me :O) in my playtests, and was definitely considering another exit to the spawn. I didn't think about clipping the roof, but of course that's a valid suggestion.

The other change I was planning is a dramatically reduced respawn time, which would help with spawn camping and give the losing team more of a chance.

I've talked to GrimGriz so hopefully we can get this running on the LFW server.

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
it's on the server for testing, but since it's not in rotation you'll need someone from the extensive LFW Admin group to !setnextmap for you.