Kronixx
L4: Senior Member

Thanks given: 25
Thanks received: 38

Default Oversea

Welcome to Oversea!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Overview:

PL_Oversea, a pretty classical payload map when it comes to comparison of some others out there, namely Waste. But I tried to keep the...

Last edited by Kronixx; 11-24-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement Sponsored links

Old 04-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Sgt Frag
Collector of Juju

Thanks given: 124
Thanks received: 293

I didn't read through any of that ^^^^

Was fun on gameday.

One MAJOR problem imo. Going left out of red spawn takes you around that big open barely used alleway. And most of the time it was just wasting red's time trying to find the cart. It's a really simple hallway but lead to mass confusion for some reason, took me a few tries to learn that it was not a good way to go.
I'd either get rid of it, or maybe block it off from the rest of the map from red side. Then put a red spawn there for first cap (red can only use it at start of map) and have it lock down and red use back spawn for all points after first.

(maybe make a one way path there for blu to get behind red)

Other than that, pretty cool map. Some of the buildings on the other side of map were kindof strange too I guess, like they are just out there out of the way for no reason (blu was using them for advanced base). You can get ontop of the edges of the roof but not middle, that's kindof weird.
I'd probably block off the roof and the back area and only leave the first building.

One round it seemed like a struggle but the team pushed the cart in, the next round was close to steam roll and we pushed cart in just fine. So it's playable, not a total stalemate.
That's good.

ctf_orient_b3
arena_hoover
koth_sandvich

Old 04-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
Kronixx

yeah i agree with what your saying, i'm gonna look into some options for those things mentioned when i get some free time and improve or just completely rework them. There are a lot of things that need rethinking.

Thanks for the feedback though, it will give a solid place to get started on when this quarter of school is over i'll know where to concentrate my efforts first.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #12
taraph75
L1: Registered

Thanks given: 7
Thanks received: 11

We playtested this last night and it was a fun map. The feedback was:

-blu spawn seems to easy to camp
-there's a lot of wide open space that could be tightened up.
-blu won one round and red won one round, so it does seem playable either way
-on the water: one person felt it should be water with a ladder to get back out if you fall in, i think it should be water but with no ladder, so you drown lol (i guess demos and soldiers could still get back out), just a design choice if you want to change it
-there were several deadends that were time wasters, mostly for red i think, and yes, blu did build a base in the crates that were basically out of the way. A lot of different ways to go though, could possibly use some gate to close off or have one way traffic to increase complication (in a good way) and flow of map.

I do think it has potential.

The Following User Says Thank You to taraph75 For This Useful Post:

Old 04-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #13
Kronixx

much appreciated, glad to see you guys had even a little fun on the map. I'm in the process of sketching up a brand new map. i might tinker with this one too though, we'll see how it goes

Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
Kronixx

HOLY CRAP, was that a bump in the road?!

Oh, just a bump in the thread...

I am officially re-opening this project. As you can see work has been done on a brand new stage 1 that the other version as discussed earlier in this thread lacked (it was a 1 stager, this new one will be at LEAST 2). So you can officially ignore the previous 2 pages of chatter as this project is being restarted from square 1, square 1 as in I hit File>New in hammer. Nothing is being recycled! So from this point on discussion on the map should be reset as well. I look forward to taking this map through the development chain as I was unable to do so for so long and it hurt, my heart ached for many months not being able to work in hammer (got stuck in UnrealEd for school) and finally try to do something worth putting my name on. So i'm excited to get back to work and look forward to discussing everything and most importantly testing this baby!

Cheers fellas

Comment  

Previous Release Next Release
Release Tools