• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2009
Alpha 3 released.

*Back to 10 seconds caps for a single non-scout
*Overall reduced and tweaked health and ammo placement
*Layout changes around C :
-1 of the 3 giant tank things has been removed on each side, it's now possible to reach the top of the containers without returning to B or sticket jumping.
-The small hideout on either side have been made a little closer to the center of the action.
-The platforms that let you get out of the water have also been made closer to the center.
*Layout changes around A :
-There's a small building on the roof, separating the BLU and RED sides. I hope it makes a decent sentry emplacement.
-The open containers on the tracks have been closed off, no one seemed to go inside and it looked wrong anyway.
*Text fixes as suggested by ABS.
*Removed the announcer's... announcements, they get extremely repetitive after a while due to the points often changing hands. We'll see if it was a bad idea.
*The buzzer warnings at 25, 50, 75 and 90% are still there but will only buzz once for he first three and three times for the last one. Hopefully it makes them less annoying.

EDIT :

Dang ! I just saw that. You need to stop ninja posting ! :lol:

Ok I'll watch these, but a3 was already pretty much done when you posted anyway. Thank you for all.

Oh and first link is broken but I managed to find the file anyway.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2009
Gameday bump.

Although I always re-watch the demos after the gameday, I don't always get everything you people say over the mic, so indulge me, but if you could "voice" your opinions by writing it down here, it would help me. Thanks.

I noted that some people dislike the holograms... but, well, they're not mine and I like them. If Artesia releases a smaller-scaled version I may use them instead.
I double-checked and the materials and the models were Pakratted in the bsp, I believe I heard people complain about missing something early in the game...
I also double-checked the respawn timers and they are set correctly, the losing team gets shorter spawn wave times, and a chance to make a comeback. But of course, individual spawn times are always a bit random.

There's also a short text supposed to brief you about the map objectives but somehow it doesn't display on the TF2M or CC servers, although it works fine in local. I'll try something else next time.

Ten19

L2: Junior Member
Jun 17, 2009
Gameday bump.

I definitely think the cap time is a lot better than before, feels nicely balanced. I personally like the custom CP holograms, but I do agree that they could be a bit smaller. As for the missing texture, it was the "neutral" hologram that is on a CP before it is initially captured that was missing, though the model seemed to be intact.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Wow, very fast and hectic map. I like the map a lot (I've never been too impressed by dom, but this was easier to understand, thus more fun), but I dislike how hard it is for a team to control a point. During gameday, everyone just ran from point to point in an attempt to get whatever the enemy had just captured. If I were you, I'd make one spawn for each point, so that it would be easier to defend points you own.

Status
Not open for further replies.