Pushing rotation hard!

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
So, for the last few days I've been working on Balloon_Race_v2C, which was supposed to be just a quick update to add the PLR HUD. Sadly it's ended up a little more complex than that.

Clz.png

Anyway; Here is my problem:
Whenever the balloon is turning the console gets spammed with " Pushing rotation hard!" and the player will slide off the balloon, if the console is spamming this and you move into a clip brush you get teleported off the balloon, if you use one of the teleporters, you'll be teleported to a random location(Always near the balloon though).

I've never encountered this error before and searching for it appeared to yield no results, does anyone here have any ideas?

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
Hmm. I recall getting that when I did pl_silo a long time ago, but it never seemed to impact much since you didn't need to ride on the cart.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
It's mostly just an informational message, and there isn't much you can do about it.

However... I noticed your hud, with the custom icons. I hope you aren't packing those files into the BSP. When you override default files by packing new ones in, they carry over to any subsequent map that uses them until the client restarts.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
It's mostly just an informational message, and there isn't much you can do about it.

If it's just informational then why have I suddenly got these, strange and random errors popping up? - I'm going to check if Version 2B gets the same errors in console now.

However... I noticed your hud, with the custom icons. I hope you aren't packing those files into the BSP. When you override default files by packing new ones in, they carry over to any subsequent map that uses them until the client restarts.
Err....Yes, I was packing them into the BSP, is there anyway to counter this? for example, by changing the sv_pure 1 whitelist?

P.S, Thanks for your Improved FGD and Gametype libary, if it wasn't for them, V2c would be in the recycle bin by now. :)

EDIT: Just compiled V2B on my computer, it works fine, i'm not sure why this wouldn't

Last edited:

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
If it's just informational then why have I suddenly got these, strange and random errors popping up? - I'm going to check if Version 2B gets the same errors in console now.

I can confirm that this only happens once I add the entities needed for the Payload race HUD.

Dec 25, 2007
I can confirm that this only happens once I add the entities needed for the Payload race HUD.
Payloads have much more accurate collision detection than normal func_trains (to avoid players getting stuck in them), which would take more CPU time and bandwidth. The more players close to the payload, the more calculation is needed to determine if the cart is hitting them. The presence of payload entities enables this more accurate collision detection.

I presume that this message results from the calculations hitting some internal limit--that would be set to prevent the calculations taking up too much time/bandwidth--as the balloon moves/turns, and the odd effects on the player are due to the resulting inaccurate clipping solution.

That's my theory; if it's correct, then what can you do about it?

First, make sure the payloads have a very simple collision hull. A few boxes at most, and the whole thing should preferably be convex. This will p

Second, limit the number of other entities parented to the payload that might need collision/touch detection as much as you can.

Third, limit the number of other entities parented to it as much as you can also.

SuperNerd

L2: Junior Member
May 13, 2009
It might also be how fast you are turning the payload.
If it's wheel size (in the func_train) is too large for the turn, it may "Push rotation hard"