Stormcaller

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
What's this? Snark posting a map? It must be the end of the world.

It will be a three stage map, two points in each stage. I've been puttering around with this map for so long I decided I should just get this stage released since I'm fairly content with it's layout for the most part (after many restructurings). I also thought it was time I get the name I picked out there so I need not worry about other maps.

Theme: undisclosed
Environment: undecided

Last edited:

l3eeron

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jan 4, 2008
...the sky is falling!

Quick, into the bomb shelter!

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
that diagonal texture gave me a mini seizure.

Sep 12, 2008
Oh my god

Edit: sigh .. that looks pretty cool there! Why the diagonal textures though? :|

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I am dumbfounded at the number of people who have negatively commented on my diagonal devtex. It was just something I thought up quick to use for my own purposes to signify "this will be rock" without having to pick a rock texture (I am very susceptible to texture influence, <3 devs) and figured nobody else would really care.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
if it makes you feel better, I like those diagonal dev textures D:

chances are ill borrow that technique.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
BOOJUM? Making a MAP? IMPOSSIBLE!

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Wait...is this the map that you've been talking about for months, with the theme you've been talking about for months (maybe not story, by theme), and, uh,....for months?

If so, /thumbs up. Though I don't know if I want to wait (for months) just to see the whole thing ;)

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
OMG! He rotated a texture! RUN SCREAM PANIC!

On another note, nice job booj. This is just an A&D map I take it?

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Well, in that case I'm looking forward to seeing it detailed in the theme you've talked about, particularly given some relevant information you've shared in the past.

Apr 13, 2009
Well, that diag texture is... unconventional at first... I mean what's the point to have measures printed on it if you're gonna rotate it ? But since you already explained that and it's your own concern anyway... let's forget about it.

Stormcaller, heh ? Is red setting up a raindance machine of doom ? :p

nice job booj.

I read this as "nice boob job", go figure. :bored:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
The end of the world will be complete when I release Scoville...

Shit, the end is nigh!

Fireman

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 21, 2008
Seemed balanced enough when we played it earlier, my only real complaint is that the section inbetween the two points seems rather...well, pointless really. All it seemed to accomplish during our playtest was force the offense to run a bit more to get where they needed to be.