Mudpit

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
An arena map I have been working on. Want to get it tested before I add any sort of visual interest, so its all dev and limited displacement for the time. Worst thing so far is the fact that the edge of the level is so visible, this will be fixed after gameplay issues are dealt with unless it bothers people THAT much.

Sorry about some of the pics, TF2 doesnt feel like saving a lot of them, so some are outdated. Will update them when I can!

Update: Alpha 5

-Fixed texture issues (not showing up)
- Detailed the underground bunker area/spawn
-minor other fixes

Update: Alpha 4

- Put color-coded patches under all ammo and health packs
- changed left shack to a better looking and player friendly fence
- put lights in spawn
-more texturing, clipping, and func-detailing, and over-all detailing
- Added tunnels in the water leading to saws that will play into the eventual 3D skybox (wish TF2 had a giant turbine for cutting people up instead :p). Thinking about adding a so people wont try to camp the water.

Update: Alpha 3

-Ammo on ramps has been changed back to a medium, as it put too much traffic onto the roof and not enough incentive to go to lower ground
-Small health packs have been put on the lower ground
Added a shack to the left of spawn with a small ammo and a barrier next to it, to weaken snipers
-Added another barrier to the right most cliff, with a small hole for snipers or soldiers to protect the health packs, but limiting overall shooting area
-started lighting and lighting props
-started texturing and detailing, pretty much phasing out dev textures.

Update: Alpha 2

-Replaced Medium Ammo on the ramps to the roof with a small ammo and a small health, and added a bit of cover to the ramps.
-Water Grates are two way doors and not just exits
-Fixed Engineers building on grates
-Added spectator cameras
-Added more signage to direct people to the point
-Added some props for defense and to get to higher areas
-removed the air pocket underwater to avoid engins camping underwater, now there is just the water by the point and by the doors
-minor func_detailing

Good testing so far :D. Will submit to gameday when I can.

EDIT: Okay, Alpha 1 is uploaded. Ive fenced off the boundaries (they are temporary, dont like the fact that people can walk on them), but other than that the layout should be done. Once gameplay is ironed out, I can work on visuals.

Last edited:

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
I'm wary about health on the roof. Makes it more of a focus than it already was.

The grates will hopefully make the cap more assaultable (new word, add it to your dictionary), and more cover is nice as well. Seems you're already addressing what I planned to complain about.

Edit. Assaultable is a word. Firefox spellchecker is an evil liar.

Last edited:

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah, maybe putting health to the very sides would be best, so people who go for it are vulnerable to roof fire? Everyone else was telling me to make entrances 2 ways and add cover, guess it was a widely seen fault :]