waterlogged

ChickenLover

L2: Junior Member
Jun 28, 2008
cp_waterlogged

cp_waterlogged is a single stage attack/defend. There are a total of four points on the level. Points A, B, and C must be captured in order. BLU team wins by capturing point C. The fourth point, E, is optional and serves to open additional attack routes for BLU. E can be recaptured and can be held by either team. When E is captured, sluice gates open in multiple locations in the level and the water level raises. The opened gates and higher water level add new routes to attack from on points B and C.

I'm currently playing with a feature where E also adds an additional minute to the clock when it is recaptured by RED. This gives RED a decision to make. Is adding another minute the clock worth closing the additional attack routes?

Some of the custom content used in this level:
lifesaverhlmv.jpg

mooring01hlmv.jpg

lampposthlmv.jpg

Other custom assets include:
* Ship
* Willow Tree
* Ship Wheel
* Three Mooring Posts
* Rope Pile
* Anchor
* Hammer
* Mallet
* Two Starfish
* Scallop Shell
* Two Sand textures
* Rock texture
* Rope texture
* Water
* Various material blends

Assets in various stages of development:
* Net
* Net with Fish
* Seaweed
* Lighthouse
* Bridge
* Robot shark

Last edited:

Tom Foolery

L1: Registered
Apr 13, 2009
Lookin' pretty sweet.

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
nice boat and props

ChickenLover

Jun 28, 2008
Necro bump for a big content update.

Completion is still a ways off. The above screenshots are from the optional point Z.

I'll be releasing all of the custom content together in a pack once I finish it.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Looks very nice, But I have no idea how you're going to optimize it. Also I think I see 2 different water levels at the same time, Source engine doesn't like that.

ChickenLover

Jun 28, 2008
Looks very nice, But I have no idea how you're going to optimize it. Also I think I see 2 different water levels at the same time, Source engine doesn't like that.

Yeah, I ran into the water issues many months ago when I was exploring to see if the level was even possible. I ended up making some adjustments to how the shaders work with the water. In the end I came up with two solutions. I'll play around with both when I start running tests and get feedback.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Very attractive. I approve.

Timberjaw

Nov 6, 2009
Looks very nice. I'm digging the style.

It looks pretty open, but only a playtest would make that clear.

Feb 14, 2008
Whoa nice. I think you should scale your water texture from 0.25 -> 1, makes it look a lot nicer.

ChickenLover

Jun 28, 2008
Looks very nice. I'm digging the style.

It looks pretty open, but only a playtest would make that clear.

Thanks.

Yeah, it is fairly open around that point. Z isn't really meant to see heavy fighting though as it is the optional point. It hasn't been playtested yet, but I imagine most of the heavy fighting will be on A, B and C still with minor battles on Z. Probably a lot of scout and demo skirmishes. There might be heavier fighting there after A and B are taken because of the cap point layout. I'll know more once I playtest.

Are you planning on releasing the boat map with all the cps? Looks like a fun gimmick. :>

Hah, no. That is just one of the test areas in the level. That one was mostly for working out the entities and making sure everything would work like I imagined before I went crazy on it. What you see there is just a cap point model on the boat, Z at the top, and the C, B, A at the bottom going left to right. The concrete is where I was testing the water shaders.

I have another test level that I use with all of the custom content. The textures, models, etc.

The boat is capture point B though. There will be a battle on the boat! ;)

Whoa nice. I think you should scale your water texture from 0.25 -> 1, makes it look a lot nicer.

Yeah, I probably will scale it a bit. When I start the playtests I'll be doing a lot of tweaks with the water I think since the level has a lot of it. Every area of the level in fact.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
It's more beautiful than opening the Ark of the Covenant.

ChickenLover

Jun 28, 2008
And another necro bump.

This time there is a playable version! All points are in. Detail work still needs to be done.

Time for a playtest!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Only necro I can't get mad at, because holy shit dude. Why isn't there a point D though?

ChickenLover

Jun 28, 2008
Only necro I can't get mad at, because holy shit dude. Why isn't there a point D though?

Originally I was going to name the point Z. In fact some of the entities still have that name. I was hoping that a distant letter would help players recognize that it was not part of the trio of required points. I changed it to E later since the textures were already there for it. If it has the opposite effect and causes confusion I'll probably change it to D. ;)

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Make it B for bonus c: two B points fuk da polees