foray

DearDoctorQ

L1: Registered
Jul 13, 2009
FORAY

This is my first released map, i have some experience with TF2 mapping, but not much, I know most of the fundementals of hammer from CSS mapping.

foray is a small, simplistic arena map, outdoors and indoors. Allows up to 32 players (which i don't recommend because of the size!)

This is a learning experience for me more then anything, but i still want people to enjoin the map, and i would love some player feedback :D

Help:
-taking better pictures
-good way to brighten up the lower, sand part of the map
-a good way to fit the metal bridge and ledge into the map without looking odd (picture 4)

Last edited:

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
If it's your first real map (i'm assuming you have actually done tests in hammer and madelittle things) and it's arena, I would highly suggest making it symmetrical, if only for balance's sake.

I'm not completely sure from the drawing but it looks like Blu has access to higher ground much quicker than Red does,so make sure you balance that with somecover for red.

The map does looks itneresting though, i'll be sure to keep an eye out for it

DearDoctorQ

L1: Registered
Jul 13, 2009
If it's your first real map (i'm assuming you have actually done tests in hammer and madelittle things) and it's arena, I would highly suggest making it symmetrical, if only for balance's sake.

I'm not completely sure from the drawing but it looks like Blu has access to higher ground much quicker than Red does,so make sure you balance that with somecover for red.

The map does looks itneresting though, i'll be sure to keep an eye out for it

i hate symmetrical maps, thats why i'm not making this symmetrical and if you couldn't tell the blue already starts at an upper level but not all the way at the top, it wouldnt be that hard to just add a second staircase either