***Mapping Contest #9 'The Swamp Theme'***

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
Swamp theme detailing contest!
THE SWAMP THEME! (LINK)

tf2maps_swamp_top.jpg

We want you to make, then detail a swamp in a 2048 by 2048 area (Hammer grid, unlimited height)!

Rules:
  • 2048x2048 size. No height limit
  • No 3D skybox allowed
  • Must submit a minimum of one screenshot, a .bsp , and the .vmf.
  • No other custom content allowed, only the Swamp content and Valve's released content allowed.
  • Maximum of one entry.
  • You may not rip any other map (Valve, custom, your own even) and make it Swampy, this needs to be original.
  • Nothing has to be functional at all, this is purely detailing practice.
  • Your submission MUST follow this naming convention: swamp_<forum name>.bsp (If you're forum name is stupidly long, compromise on your name, not the prefix. eg. swamp_vfig.bsp for Velvet Fist Iron Glove's entry)
  • Everything must be finished and submitted in the upload thread before 11:59pm BST (GMT+1) on Tuesday 25th August 2009!

In your submission (in the submission thread, [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=8570"]Linky[/ame]):
  • A link to your .bsp, and your .vmf, in one compressed (.zip) achive. Please don't use the tf2maps.net contest area, use dropbox or another upload service instead. (nothing like filebeam that doesn't have a queue to download).
  • Please DO NOT pakrat your BSPs. This is a MASSIVE pack and people won't download the same content 15-20 times over. This shouldn't be a problem, as no non-swamp content is allowed. But please build cubemaps and what-not.
  • You should provide only one screenshot of your map, taken at the best gfx quality your pc can handle, no HUD elements or player models either. For more infomation on how to do this, [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4223"]click here.[/ame]

Contest Prizes:

A shirt from here. and a pack of TF2 Trading cards, as well as the respect from your fellow members!

Any questions? Ask away!

Good luck all.

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Great job to everyone who helped put this together and contributed.

Some really excellent stuff! best of luck all.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I am SO close to scrapping my current map and making a new one in that environment.

Looking forward to the entries! (especially the obligatory entry that abuses the unlimited height for the lulz)

H-land

L2: Junior Member
Jul 15, 2009
I'm disappointed. I wanted my whale belly theme pack.
Though this is still pretty awesome. Seriously.
I don't think I'll be trying this contest, though, but best of luck to the people who do.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Yay! It's here! Lets all party!

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
guiess ill hope on the wagon.

is this contest solely for looks? Or is it based on game-play and looks?

Last edited:

MildlyMad

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2009
Great work in this pack, I've started blocking out my map already - gives me something to do.
I was hoping for an Urban theme, but this suits much better.

I can already see the horribly ported L4D2 maps...

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
the installer crapped itself when i hit finish with box checked for the instructions page. Im not sure if it's just me. But everything else is working fine.

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
Hahaha awesome!

I'm so in it

edit: holy shit! That is a load of kick-ass new assets

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
this is sex. It's nice to have an intermediate mini contest for something to do before the big one is through.

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
This looks really cool, I am gonna have to give it a try so I can try and get some detailing skills before I get heavily into that for my first map. :D Here goes nothing.

Dec 25, 2007
If you're forum name is stupidly long, compromise on your name, not the prefix. eg. swamp_vfig.bsp for Velvet Fist Iron Glove's entry
Yay for stupidly long names! Also, zpqrei is psychic: I am definitely making a mini-map for this; this swamp pack deserves my immediate attention!