transit

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
transit b5
Everybody's gone surfin'!

now available in strawbery beta flavour!

First and foremost, this ISN'T a surf map.

The premise is based on the fact that quite a few people had mentioned they liked riding on the train on roundhouse (which was a very short distance for riding), so i came up with a map that can take better advantage of train riding.

Recently i decided to come back to this map, primarily to fix the cap times so that the map is actually fun to play and not just a steamroll.

changelog:

b5:
- revisited the map in order to fix missing overlays, add some details, and change cap times on the final points.
- renamed map to cp_transit (from cp_trainsurfer) to avoid confusion leading to mistaking this for a "surf" map.
- changed the spawn points so that players are facing the relevant exit door relative to the status of the CPs.

version 1.4:
- re-implemented the upper-opening due to popular demand, but without allowing snipers to take advantage of it
- fixed the "ghost train" appearing on the centre of the map
- (hopefully) fixed the issue of the trains getting stuck on a player if the player was touching a wall whilst riding the train. (this is hard to test as it only occurs when hosted on a seperate PC).

version 1.2b:
- added a new path from base to centre for both sides.
- reduced the effectiveness of sentries at the 2ndary points
- reverted the trains back to versionusedon 1.1a, to overcome issues where a player on top of them would block their movement.

version1.2a:
added another path from the centre to the bases
added a fence around the raised platform to reduce effectivness of sentries there
removed the upper-opening above the train tracks in the bases to reduce effectivness of snipers (now snipers have to pay attention to the trains, or they will be hit

version1.1a:
added a dustmote effect to centrebuilding
added some computer sounds to the final point rooms
fixed issue that some props were floating above the ground

version1.1:
added additional clutter (barrels, crates, etc)

version1.0a:
minor update:
i've added a bit of detailing to the inside of the wooden buildings (namely support beams), changed some lighting settings, and added a couple of ammo packs to the centre and 2ndary points.

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
The screenshots look nice however I am worrying slightly about those giant cliff faces - They look a bit too big. A good alternative would be to make smaller cliff walls and add a short brick wall on top of it with some fence on top. Or an even better idea would just be to create a cliff wall with a decorated ground on top of it, with a clip over it to stop players getting out. Then you could add a nice 3D skybox if you wanted to. :)