Gametype: Attack/Defend CP (Dustbowl-style) Recommended # of Players: 12-24 Size: Small Theme: Stormy Alpine First Alpha Release: 27/8/2009
Cedarfall Mills is an attack/defend map which will take place in a fairly compact farming town with vast fields of crops looking outwards. The battle starts off fairly enclosed with distinct choices of spawn-exits and slowly widens out into more diverse paths.
Any feedback here to my email is more than welcome!
- Major layout changes: less complex doorways and more outdoor freedom
- Beginnings of detailing outside BLU spawn
- Area around first cap now more favoured to BLU
- Playerclipped the top of a building near second cap
- Added patch panels below pickups
- Moved second cap zone back to make it less crammed in 12v12, and also make it slightly harder for BLU to cap
- Much more optimization (areaportals, current prop fade distances, visleaf splitting)
- Cleaner brushwork, reduced number
- First cap point area now slightly easier to defend through some small layout tweaks
- When the last cap point is active, RED's spawn time decreases from 9 to 7 seconds
- Certain areas around the first CP area are now more open
- Added a few healthpacks/ammo where needed
- Subtle optimization and brushwork changes
- Moved RED's spawn back
- Added a new sidepath to the Second Cap Point, and made small changes around that area
- Fence added to the side of the Second Cap Point
- Changes around Cap 1 area
- Minor detail changes
- All gameplay signs are now unable to be collided with
On thing i noticed when i played it shortly last night is i kept getting snagged on the signs =(
Layout wise i enjoyed it though.
__________________ Constructive Criticism is the most useful. If I tear apart your work its not because I don't like it, its because I do
If a user's Comment or Post is useful to you, Make sure to give them "Thanks!".
The Following User Says Thank You to DJive For This Useful Post:
I regret not being able to stay to test this map, but I had to leave after moonballs for a 6v6 team meeting, I haven't played too many good attack/defend-style maps (cp_boulder comes to mind, but that's about it.)
Not that I've tested it or anything, but 3 seconds seems a bit short for a cap time doesn't it?
As for names, and with a general lack of knowledge about good map names. how about :
@ DJive: I think I know which signs you're talking about because I think I've came across the same problem that you have - I'll be sure to playerclip the signs.
@ Zwiffle: The last Cap Point's time is 3 seconds simply because I had the idea that the area around it would be heavily guarded with a larger number of players. Personally I think it's fine.
Also, I might consider something along the lines of cp_fracture.