This is the map I had initially begun for the Payload Contest over a year ago. The layout seems to be quite well balanced so I decided to start detailing and finish it over the next months.
So here's the first beta release of the map.
Special Thanks to:
* FLOOR_MASTER and 2fort2furious.com // for playtesting and feedback
* Fabian 'Acumen' Schmidt // for custom models
* A Boojum Snark // for the prop library
* a1freesoundeffects.com // for free sound file: tugboathorn.wav
* Everyone who submitted feedback
Custom Models by Fabian 'Acumen' Schmidt:
* models/custom/bollard_32.mdl // 777 polys
* models/custom/bollard_64.mdl // 777 polys
* models/custom/bollard_skybox.mdl // skybox version of bollard_64, 777 polys
* models/custom/anemometer_a.mdl // dynamic model, with pole, 1800 polys
* models/custom/anemometer_b.mdl // dynamic model, with wall bracket, 1800 polys
* models/custom/crane_lod_skybox.mdl // HL2 model, converted for 3D skybox, 3600 polys
You can find older screenshots and information in this [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=3810"]thread[/ame].
BETA 1 [Nov 9 / 2009]
* Switched to cp_well sky and lighting
* More detailing
* Added custom models
* Added custom water
ALPHA 4 [Oct 25 / 2009]
* Added custom soundscapes
* More detailing
* Added more direction signs
ALPHA 3 [Oct 1 / 2009]
* Started detailing phase
ALPHA 2 [Nov 15 / 2008]
* Totally new layout
ALPHA 1 [Oct 9 / 2008]
* First public release for gameplay testing
Looks nice, layout looks solid and fun, detailing is nice without being overpowering and it's payload. What more could you ask for?
Also, I think it would be super awesome if you wanted to challenge yourself with your own custom bomb explosion for the final cap. Possible make the two pillars ontop of the cap hole area collapse into the hole and pull that whole crane structure with it, it would look badass and you could have the crane hit the train from above which causes it to explode.