CP Gullywash

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Sub

L1: Registered
Mar 4, 2009
Looks great. I like the woodwork in the 4th pic and the building in the 2nd.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Some notes:
-You need to buildcubemaps with HDR on as well, otherwise reflective models with glow solid white
-the underwater areas underneath the final cap are very dark. please consider adding brighter lighting and more arrows down there

This looks very promising, fix these up and I'll try to get it thrown up on our server.

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
I don't like the name. Is it a badlands copy?

l3eeron

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jan 4, 2008

Arnold

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 18, 2008
thanks i'll fix those little issues soon,

the lighting underwater is ok when you play with dxlevel 8 it seems but it's very dark when played with dxlevel 9 i'll just add some brighter lights.

i still have to figure out a better name i just went with the name worselands because i thought it was funny and haven't really thought about a better one since, even though i planned to.

thanks for the feedback

Arnold

Jul 18, 2008
alright so i fixed the lighting under water added arrows and built cubemaps.

i (double)checked it in both dxlevel 8 and 9 and i could't see any full white bright props so if there are any now something is just wrong with my pc.

i also made it easier to get onto the stack of wood on mid you'll see it's a minor change.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Beta 10 Review demo: http://www.sendspace.com/file/f995s4

Map was well received. Played remarkably well and everyone had fun. A candidate for a new map in our rotation. Could use more signage, especially right out of spawns.

It should also be noted that it is possible to enter enemy spawns if the doors open. Consider placing func_respawnroomvisualisers in the doorways.

Arnold

Jul 18, 2008
thanks a lot for the feedback will work on signage

i think i added respawnroomvisualisers in the early alpha stages and haven't had a problem with enemies in spawn. something must have went wrong in this version i'll certainly look into it.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
one of the forward spawns also have a missing texture in it. You can see into 'the void'.

pekken

May 5, 2008
windows on middle cp are floating in the air, 5 cm out form the wall
arrow sign near cp 2 is also floating in the air, and u will also hit it when u run into it
map timer should be 10 minutes

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
If you'd like this map to make any sense aesthetically, I'd go back to the drawing board for a lot of your proportions and detailing; use pictures as source material to ensure a realistic feel, and instead of simply filling up empty spaces, use your detailing on the whole to direct how you'd like the entire area to appear.

You dig?

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
A few notes from further gameplay:

-Players were frustrated by the absurdly long times. Players were experiencing upwards of 33 second spawn times. Respawn waves should be no longer than the default 10 seconds. Please try to balance the map around this limit. If nessecary, you can make spawns larger and move the spawn points back

-The map does not respect mp_timelimit. Consider using 'setstalemateontimelimit 1' to tf_gamerules

pekken

May 5, 2008
First forward spawn is too close to middle point, and also too close to the next forward spawn (they're like 5 meters away)

what about moving it here:
cp_worselands_b100002.JPG