Official "Can I have my name changed?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
Okay, this seems to be the new place to have your name changed. I'm stealing Shoomonger's post. Post your name change requests here, basicly.

-zpqrei

When asking for a name change, please post the name you want and a back up just in case your first choice is taken.
Please be patient when requesting a name change. We dont spend 100% of our time on site tasks, so your request can take from a few minutes, to a few days.

Also please remember, YOUR LOGIN WILL CHANGE. Log in using your new name.

-drpepper

*Requests will be deleted as they are dealt with.

*Cleaned up thread on 07/22/10

Last edited by a moderator:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
After several months of using the Steam name Muffin I suddenly remembered that my forum name is still Muffin Man. Which I never use anymore. If it could be just Muffin that would be swell.

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Recently I've been trying to drop my old username in favor of just using my first name and last initial. If I could have my username changed to "Will T.", I'd appreciate it. :)

If for some technical reason that doesn't work, "Will T" (no period) or "Will-T" (hyphen instead of space) would be good instead.

PL-7764

Aug 4, 2009
My request was made over a month ago, but seems to have been missed ... reminding about it now. ;)

I'd still like my name changed to "Will T." please.

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
So... If this thread is still active (which by the unanswered requests I presume not) can I please have my name changed to:

Etch

I've had my current one since I was a 12 year old playing runescape and it's definitely time for a change.

Also, just wondering why there can't be something in the user cp to change this, it would be easier for everyone.

PL-7764

Aug 4, 2009
Also, just wondering why there can't be something in the user cp to change this, it would be easier for everyone.

Probably because there's always that risk that someone will misuse it, changing their name twice a day and becoming impossible to follow since they have 1,000 different names. Putting some kind of restriction on it could help, like changing it only once a month or something, but even then someone could misuse it...

-----------

Still waiting another month later (2 months now) for a name change to "Will T." ...

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
Probably because there's always that risk that someone will misuse it, changing their name twice a day and becoming impossible to follow since they have 1,000 different names. Putting some kind of restriction on it could help, like changing it only once a month or something, but even then someone could misuse it...

I agree, maybe if it was only allowed something like once a month. But there needs to be a more effective way to do it.
I presume that it's just a group of people who have the ability to do it and if one of them happens to stumble across this thread, and can be bothered to change peoples names, then they do it. Maybe if there was a single person who was in charge, and if the got sent an e-mail or a pm every time someone wanted their name changed, then they could change it straight away instead of awkwardly waiting for someone else to do it.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
If I may mention runescape,

but they have it so you can change your display name every 28 days. Really, if make you think because you have the name for a whole month. It worked pretty well in the game. The only issue the change history, they didn't have it. if there is away to like show alias's (as a simple link) that would make things easy.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Going to take care of these today. If i dont, bug me on friends :3

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
Irrelevant now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.