Erilis
L1: Registered

Thanks given: 2
Thanks received: 0

Default Gameday - Sunday 22nd April

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharribokid View Post
schedule is up
Also sorry to Mould & Element Boi for your maps not making it in, especially to Mould as i realise today has 10 minutes of time spare in the 2 hour slot, I just didn't have time to test 1 more map to make sure it was fine to play in tonight's event
Is it possible we can play test our maps in the next few days in an impromptu?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
Crash
func_nerd

Thanks given: 870
Thanks received: 785

Didn't there used to be a mention of not playing the same map if it had been played the previous week in the OP before? Lyra seems to be in every playtest as of late and it seems a bit unfair to everyone else trying to get in.

Personally I held off signing up for this one because we had tested it on Tuesdays.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
hydragorgon
L1: Registered

Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 8

This was a really fun gameday. I think the maps were pretty good and everything seemed to go smoothly. Keep it up tf2maps.net crew!

hydragorgon

The Following User Says Thank You to hydragorgon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
Vilepickle
L5: Alleged Expert

Thanks given: 54
Thanks received: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharribokid View Post
schedule is up
Map Pack: Gameday22thApr.rar

EDIT: im off to rush and make myself some dinner before the event starts, i'l write a few notes here about stuff after

EDIT2: right, well what i wanted to say is Vilepickle, dont update your map so late, the previous version was 404 and as a result i was going to leave you out of the gameday. Also sorry to Mould & Element Boi for your maps not making it in, especially to Mould as i realise today has 10 minutes of time spare in the 2 hour slot, I just didn't have time to test 1 more map to make sure it was fine to play in tonight's event
Apologies, I know I cut that one pretty close. Also I shouldn't have 404'd the link, but my CMS removes files when I edit. :\

Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
theharribokid
Site Staff

Thanks given: 1,474
Thanks received: 724

Demos:
cp_lyra_a10.zip
koth_aminity_a1a.zip
plr_atoll_prebeta1.zip
pl_vesper_b3.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
I am physically incapable of half-assing a joke map. Shit is super serious business.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
Sel
Being bad feels pretty good!

Thanks given: 668
Thanks received: 1,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Didn't there used to be a mention of not playing the same map if it had been played the previous week in the OP before?
There used to be, back when this site actually had more than a few worthwhile maps in development, far more gamedays, and we could have impromptus all day long with pretty much guaranteed high amounts of players.

Quote:
Lyra seems to be in every playtest as of late and it seems a bit unfair to everyone else trying to get in.
In all fairness, this is the first gameday where it's potentially taken a spot someone else wanted (and the previous gameday it was in didn't even get off the ground as far as playercount goes)

Quote:
Personally I held off signing up for this one because we had tested it on Tuesdays.
I'm not sure if you're trying to imply a comparison here, but if you are, let me illustrate this for you, your map's latest version came out on the same day as Lyra did. cp_lyra has had 10 alphas, each with it's share of large changes, your map on the other hand hasn't had any (because it's a beta, and the layout doesn't need to be changed and retested every day.)

On a side note, hopefully, with the pl contest coming to an end soon, and the chances of a blog post which will attract hoards of pubbies to Tf2M servers pretty(?) high. I suggest everyone takes full advantage of that time to run daily tests, if that prediction is at all accurate.

Last edited by Sel; 04-23-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
Crash
func_nerd

Thanks given: 870
Thanks received: 785

Nope, I wasn't trying to imply a comparison. Merely stating that I thought there was a rule against it, which is what influenced me to avoid signing up this round. I was just pointing out that it seemed like if the rule was still in effect, it wasn't being followed. It's not a rule though, so no biggie.

Signups fill up fast, though, and I'm sure a lot of people are going to see that there is 4-5+ and not even bother trying. The same map (granted it's in a very volatile stage) being tested in the past 3 gamedays and multiple impromptu's (I saw it popping up often) is probably a bummer for those trying to get their first test in.

Not trying to insinuate anything or imply that I myself am upset about it. Just trying to point out something I noticed for those who don't post as often around here.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
theharribokid
Site Staff

Thanks given: 1,474
Thanks received: 724

Quote:
Didn't there used to be a mention of not playing the same map if it had been played the previous week in the OP before? Lyra seems to be in every playtest as of late and it seems a bit unfair to everyone else trying to get in.

Thanks for catching this, it's been so long since we've had 2 Gamedays a week i've just haven't thought about checking against Tech's gamedays but I will be from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
I am physically incapable of half-assing a joke map. Shit is super serious business.

The Following User Says Thank You to theharribokid For This Useful Post:

Previous Thread Next Thread