Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Always wondered booj, why don't you have the team filters for every mode? You have them for the modes that uses them directly but not the other modes. Every single TF2 map needs them, why not include them for all modes?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
My reasoning was exactly that. I was only including entities that directly related to the mode functioning properly to keep it simple. I can probably put them in though since it isn't really that big of a thing.

Ctrl Alt Defeat

L1: Registered
Jun 10, 2014
I just downloaded the pack now. I'm confused on where I find the Gametypes. I'm not sure if cp_game_entities is the one I'm looking for, because I don't know where else it'd be. Also, I had Filter Control enabled, but the User tab is blank, so I don't know where the props are.

Edit: So i tried launching TF2. Got a disk read error. I'm going to reinstall the ABS pack before trying anything else.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Both of your questions have the same answer. The game entities and the props are both in their own maps (VMFs), and you need to open them up in Hammer like you would any other map. By default they are installed to steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\content\tf\mapsrc, which should be the default directory Hammer uses when you save/open maps... but it turns out it isn't anymore.

I just went to check by deleting my config and letting Steam remake one. Apparently the default directory is now steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc, which would explain why so many people have been having trouble finding the libraries. I'll have to get an update out and fix that path. Actually I think it is about time I bother writing my own installer so I have more power/flexibility at my disposal.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Will there be new entity icons this time? I am getting tired of not!fonzie for RD.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Somehow I doubt that they will change much. Especially not something as fundamental as which entity classes there are.

It's safe to do icons for them. Valve sure aren't going to, they haven't gotten around to the normal entities yet.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Both of your questions have the same answer. The game entities and the props are both in their own maps (VMFs), and you need to open them up in Hammer like you would any other map. By default they are installed to steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\content\tf\mapsrc, which should be the default directory Hammer uses when you save/open maps... but it turns out it isn't anymore.

I just went to check by deleting my config and letting Steam remake one. Apparently the default directory is now steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc, which would explain why so many people have been having trouble finding the libraries. I'll have to get an update out and fix that path. Actually I think it is about time I bother writing my own installer so I have more power/flexibility at my disposal.

goddammit Valve why can't you just fucking bring back the working all-in-one SDK

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
item_teamflag:
input TurnOff(void) : "Hides the model."
input TurnOn(void) : "Shows the model."
input skin(integer) : "Set the skin to be used"

Does anyone use these anymore? With the new restrictions/support of parenting to the flag and custom models and stuff I feel like they have little use beyond weird people like me (I added them years back when we needed custom flag stuff). If they aren't needed by anyone I could remove the entire flag entry in my FGD (now that valve's caught up) so that it doesn't need attention from me when they add stuff.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Come to think of it, how do the older maps that used custom flag models still work if Valve restricted it to just the default and australium models? Do they use the parenting method?

wareya

L420: High Member
Jun 17, 2012
I don't know if this is because I was using an old version, but some door prefabs have the dynamic prop part of the door set to solid, where its collision pokes out past the brush func_door, and stickies stick to the prop and stay in the air when the door opens.
ANY team sliding door non-animated large, "inside"
asdf post length

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
=== August 11 2014 ===
• Updated default library install path

--- Gametype Library ---
• Added Special Delivery
• Added Single stage CP attack/defend
• Changed 5CP and ABC timer inputs for proper announcements
• Added generic team filters to all modes
• Added more paths to PL setups for cleaner track cloning

--- FGD ---
• Added entity box to env_cubemap for easy height alignment
• Added 'light' to Lights auto visgroup
• Added Team and Toggle keys/inputs/outputs to func_nobuild
• Updated entities to match tf.fgd
-- item_healthkit_*
-- tf_gamerules
• Removed entities that tf.fgd now matches
(still accessible, no longer my problem)
-- filter_tf_damaged_by_weapon_in_slot
-- func_respawnroomvisualizer
-- func_tracktrain
-- item_teamflag
-- tank_boss

--- Others ---
• Added new tool textures for waters
• Added tool texture for no_entry so it isn't solid red in browser
• Added TF keyword to props/hazardstrip001a
• Added TF keyword to water/waterfall[_solid]
• Removed TF keyword from supporting water materials (beneath, fallback)
• Added detail flag to blockbullets (no need to func_detail)

Cubemaps now have this thing:
cubemap.JPG

Some people have used skip brushes grouped to cubemaps for positioning. For those that haven't or don't know why: player view height is around 64 units from the ground, so for the most correct reflections the cubemaps should be that high. With this added entity box, you can just click on the floor with the entity tool and it will be created at the correct height. Same with copy/paste.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Aw, no new icons? But those are the best part!

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Can't force them. Icons require creative inspiration for me to make something I am satisfied with. Otherwise I make 5 different things and throw them all out because they are lame/ugly/busy/unintuitive. (I also kinda forgot to think about them since I wasn't working with RD)