May 25, 2009
a9 out now.

My first map release to all you critics out there! :O

Any and all feedback appreciated.

Helpful people:
The Simiancage server for playtesting my maps lots
ABS for his packs
Ace for not putting me on his ignore list
Ravidge for helping me (probably without realising much)
My [CI] friends for those very early stages where it completely sucked

Download:

Normal: >click<

Compressed : >>click<<

Last edited:

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Thanks.. perhaps you could mention that I inspired? ;D
Also... word of advice: don't make the train go around a corner if possible, so much more work otherwise.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
It looks interesting, apart from the final screenshot. The hazard texture in such a big circle makes my eyes hurt, but thats just me. Perhaps making it just a ring would be better.
The train idea is neat. There was a topic a while ago about getting engie buildings to stick to trains, that would be fun.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
One of my testers was jumping around a lot and fell off the back - sure you can probably jump around fine, but you risk death!
The whole tunnel + stations are nobuild

Garner

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 16, 2009
that train is amazing :D
if i could give you a single cookie for each bit of happiness that video brought me, you would be one cookie rich mofo :D

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
ok, I only played it during the last minutes of gameday but still.

very confusing, needs a lot more signs, I didn't know where to go, where the enemies were coming from etc. (I was around the place of screenshot 5)

also:
this is a screenshot while specating. (ignore the quality)
attachment.php

did you do this on purpose, because I don't like it. You probably mis-rotated the info_observer

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Oh wow, I completely forgot about the direction of the spawn!

Thanks for the input, the final stage will be having a COMPLETE remake. But the train will stay <3

Any people's thoughts on stage 1 or 2?

If there was anything people actually thought worked well on stage 3, please let me know ...

EDIT: Yeah I will rotate the 'gangsta' cameras back. Theyre like that because I rotated them along the y/x axis after they had been rotated on the z. Not on purpose!

Last edited:

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
gameday bump, another test tonight - for the americans
5pm CDT / 11pm BST

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Just a quick question in the hopes that SOMEbody reads this: Does the curve round the track while on the train make a difference to you? Does it add to the experience, in any obscure way whatsoever?

Aug 10, 2009
Yes it does haha, It makes it more... majestic? Also, I don't remeber if this was true, but for red they should have practically no spawn time to account for the train, and maybe even use the train as a side route not a main one? Also, for the last area, it was incredibly[/u[] confusing.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Just a bump to let you all know that my computer is now fixed and work now will continue on this map :thumbup1:

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Well my train will no longer have the curve in the track (and be a bit shorter) since it caused a few too many complications.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Thank finally a new release :eek:

Read changelog for details
a4 changes should be noted too since that did not go public due to me screwing up pakrat

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Gameday

The capture times seems to be a little short. Deathpits outside the spawns are never a good idea.

The whole map feels a bit random to me, like.. there is Everything in it at once... toxic barrels, trains, wood piles, missiles. In a theme that does not really know if it's desert or industrial.

There were some places that were awkward to get to, like 1-2 windows and top exit.