PLR Dogbread

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
a new ground breaking gamemode! introducing a new plr where there's only 1 cart owned by both team! the cart will get pushed around the map for fun and dynamic gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srEAKeLRi5A

thanks to rexy for the dogbread model

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
i thought it was pretty fun

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I actually like this map even though it seems like it might play strangely

Thanks for immortalizing the greatest easter egg in comp gaming history with a map, Fubar. You've really made me happy today.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I guess Friction uses almost the same concept, except for that it uses a timer like in KotH. :O

mariofan38

L1: Registered
Nov 14, 2011
hasn't another map already used this concept though

2tpl_mine, 2tpl_mine_alpine, and 2tpl_mine_alpine2.

This is not PLR. PLR needs two carts. 2tpl is the appropriate name.

Edit:
a new ground breaking gamemode! introducing a new plr where there's only 1 cart owned by both team! the cart will get pushed around the map for fun and dynamic gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srEAKeLRi5A

thanks to rexy for the dogbread model

For reason given above, this map is barely ground breaking, considering that the idea has already done and was actually done quite a while ago with 2tpl_mine. (the oldest)

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
For reason given above, this map is barely ground breaking, considering that the idea has already done and was actually done quite a while ago with 2tpl_mine. (the oldest)

In our line of work (mapping) every map is groundbreaking, especially ones like this. Its still a relatively young gametype in terms of development.

*(Before you say it, I know 2tpl_mine is over 2 years old so it is an old map, but since this gametype has not be used/released publically on a semi-large scale constantly, nor has a lot of people really played around with it, it is young in development) *

With that being said, I think pl_dogbread will be a very good map that people can use for reference in their own research/development/creation of their own tow maps.

Also, lets face it, it looks better that 2tpl_mine (and cousins)...

mariofan38

Nov 14, 2011
In our line of work (mapping) every map is groundbreaking, especially ones like this. Its still a relatively young gametype in terms of development.

*(Before you say it, I know 2tpl_mine is over 2 years old so it is an old map, but since this gametype has not be used/released publically on a semi-large scale constantly, nor has a lot of people really played around with it, it is young in development) *

With that being said, I think pl_dogbread will be a very good map that people can use for reference in their own research/development/creation of their own tow maps.

Also, lets face it, it looks better that 2tpl_mine (and cousins)...

Good points, I just guess I feel like the community that is behind the 2tpl_alpine is a rather large community, or so I feel.

Also, that last line is debatable. Unfortunately, I've not played on Dogbread yet, so I can't judge if it's bland or not. (which is what my impression is based on screenshots)

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
2tpl_mine, 2tpl_mine_alpine, and 2tpl_mine_alpine2.

This is not PLR. PLR needs two carts. 2tpl is the appropriate name.

Edit:

If you're going to even argue about this, why would you bring up some random unheard of map? I'd use pl_waste by Icarus.

Seriously, what's the difference gamemode-wise between this and waste besides that it's missing capture points? I wouldn't call it new and groundbreaking unless waste just didn't exist.

mariofan38

Nov 14, 2011
If you're going to even argue about this, why would you bring up some random unheard of map? I'd use pl_waste by Icarus.

Seriously, what's the difference gamemode-wise between this and waste besides that it's missing capture points? I wouldn't call it new and groundbreaking unless waste just didn't exist.

Never heard of pl_waste, thanks for introducing it to me.

I found 2tpl_mine_alpine because it is either the top or almost the top result if you orgainze the maps by alphabetical order. I expected it to be more known for that reason alone. Perhaps I'm the only person who does this...

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
not to diss other maps or anything but every other tug of war maps (and other variants) have a couple issues with either the hud, the cart outline or both. plr_dogbread nails down all of those and presents an unprecedented level of polish when it comes down to the gamemode (hell I even got the rolldowns working in both ways). in that regard, I feel that plr_dogbread is the first map to get it "right". As a result, plr_dogbread is the only one that doesn't feel like a prototype to me. in my mind, this makes plr_dogbread a great reference for future maps based on this gamemode and makes it truly ground breaking.
not going to argue further

Mar 23, 2010
the cart path isn't set up to be as linear as either waste nor "mine_alpine." gamemode just got polished. layout + the cart path is what is truly unique about it.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
As someone who has played the said 2pl maps, i can easily say this map is 100 times better than any of them.