TC Sruman_72

Tarry H Sruman

Large Orphanage Proprietor
aa
Jul 31, 2011
They had to found a whole new department for all the police I fuck.

FACTS:
Started 24hrs in
Layout's totally improvised
Visgroups are for nooblords
The last stages are cop outs
Prestige is a strong, beautiful black women who don't need no man

I would like to thank Boojum for his prefab pack, which made the 5 hours of tedious entity fuckery marginally more tolerable.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Audience-clap.gif

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
DEAR GOD. You have five hours left, put some signs in.

I'm running all over the place, only reason i'm finding any points is I'm completely alone, add a full server of other people and I'd never find the enemy points.

Seriously, it's the little things. If you want any chance in the contest put some dynamic arrow signs in.

EDIT: also some of your info boxes are wrong, just got one saying I was defending the final CP when there are two points in play.

EDIT EDIT: also draw up a quick chalkboard, you've still got enough time to make that, and add the dynamic signs.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Get some differentiation in the points/routes with some other dev textures.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Why is the announcer silent? get her announcing the start of captures

Last edited:

Tarry H Sruman

aa
Jul 31, 2011
It was 3:30AM and I was in desperate need of sleep. I threw in the towel at the end and said fuck it, it's done. I don't think I'll be working on this again, I just wanted to see if I could do it in the time limit, which I sortof did.

Though I did like making it and I may make another TC map with proper planning in the future.

Thank you very much for running through it though. Maybe if I had been a bit more dedicated working on it I would've had more time to implement that feedback.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
If this comes even remotely close to being playable I urge you to donate the source file to the orphaned projects repository. (If and when we get one.) You never know what can come of slapping together a random layout and letting playtest feedback work its magic. Hell, it's probably the only worthwhile way to go about making something as complicated as TC.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
XZ is horrible and WZ looks very tight, could be very prone to hydro style stalemates on that round. (Make the colours stronger so you can see the round outlines better)

EDIT: let me say why it's horrible:
Both spawns are pointing west, so the players will run west, then turn north/south only to have to turn back east to get to the point, when actually they could just run north/south to begin with. But they won't do that.

Last edited:

Tarry H Sruman

aa
Jul 31, 2011
The TC map I'm working on is going to be more of a successor than a direct update. I'm keeping the general layout, but I'm redesigning the point areas and connectors to be less... bad. W and Y are going to be improved on, while X is going to be heavily redesigned and Z is probably going to be scrapped and redone entirely, as are the end rounds (at least one of them, so they are asymmetrical). I'll be able to use space much better for the diagonal rounds (especially WZ), since the point areas will be built around the diagonal routes, rather than the diagonal routes being wedged in between 4 completed areas.

A little bit of planning goes a long way, considering the circumstances under which I made this map. I built W, initially planning to make a CTF, which I semi-finished on day 1. I decided it was shit and started over, with the "fuck it, I'm gonna make a TC map" mindset and 48 hours to go. I ended up completely improvising every area as I went. Z, the final stages, the spawn rooms, the round blockers, and learning how TC entities work (something I really should've done a long time ago, in retrospect) were all done in one 5 hour sitting, ending at 3:30 AM, during which I listened this song more times than any human being ever should. Hopefully that puts the map in a little bit of context, as well as explaining why the OP and the post in the upload thread are only half coherent.

I should have the new version out in the next 1-2 weeks, so keep an eye out for that.

Last edited: