Moonshine

Moonshine rc

heyyou

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 19, 2009
moonshineregular.jpg

Koth_Moonshine is an intense “King of the Hill” map set at the base of a beautiful mountain stream waterfall, which feeds into an industrial swamp basin community. Both teams attack through their industrial swamp communities, fighting to be the king of a shadowy bayou shipping house, which is cover for a top-secret surveillance outpost. This high intensity map provides multiple routes to the central point to guarantee vigorous battles as the point changes hands during game play.

Special thanks to the penny arcade test crew, tf2maps swamp team for putting together such a great swamp pack, and xzzy, for the great gmod picture(used in poster).

Thanks and enjoy.

Last edited:

Remix

L69: Deviant Member
Feb 27, 2008
I like the entire look of it, except for that damn waterfall. Swamps don't really have waterfalls. They are just swamps, with a lot of water and a lot of foliage.

http://tiny.cc/w9R1D

And, its a good map. Looks like you could get some great gameplay out of this. Detailing looks nice, except for the damn waterfall.

Last edited:

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
Maybe it's a marsh, then? :)

Lindsay Bluth

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2009
Well, whatever it is...the map is fun regardless. I played it with some friends earlier, and it is well deserving of a download.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Scaling looks appropriate. Perhaps a bit small but negligably. Layout looks unique and fun, atleast from what i can make of the CP area.

Second screenshot showing the front of that building.. the building looks odd. If that's a chimney it's friggin huge, and the roof seems bland. But overall it looks well detailed.

Lindsay Bluth

Aug 23, 2009
That building in the second screenshot is the spawn...thus, it's blandness. Once you see it in-game, it's not so bad.

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
Wow, this map looks great - I have to try this sometime :)

And why did nobody else think to turn those logs around and make them into the sides of a jetty...

bubbabyte

Aug 19, 2009
awesome map... I wish you would make it into a ctf map as well though because i think it would make a better ctf map.

heyyou

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 19, 2009
awesome map... I wish you would make it into a ctf map as well though because i think it would make a better ctf map.

This is something I've had a few request for, of course, some minor changes would have to occur for this to work. Unfortunately, I feel it dilutes the map when multiple version are made with different game modes. I particularly don't like ctf for tf2 and feel like this map is better served as a koth map. If I do work on a ctf version it will be in a couple of month as for I have 2 other projects I'm working on.

Thank you everyone for the interest in the map. :)

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
Just judging from the screenshots, I would say to add a bit more foliage, to give it a bit of a more swampy look.