Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 AM  
ics
L3: Junior Member

Thanks given: 46
Thanks received: 37

Thumbs up 5curve

This is a payload map with a slight twist. It has one extra control point compared to basic Valve maps which makes it have longer track. 5 control points and the map is curvy, thus, 5curve since i already used the name curve earlier. Plays just like normal payload map!

Current...

Last edited by ics; 08-05-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #10
ics

Just a small status update. Project is still alive and kicking but i have less time on a day now than before so it's taking slower progress.

I added playerclips/clips, hint/skip and optimizations. Still missing some things in last CP area. Also needs a 3dskybox along further details in some areas. I will update screenshots next week.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
ics

Updated screenshots and added sounds, more details and things to the last CP area. It still needs work. I'll try to pull out test version during next weekend.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
ics

I now have sounds, added more clips and some details. I also pulled out 2 betas which were more or less broken. I'm not sure if Hammer is deleting entities or what the heck is happening but I'll try to pull out working version this week and release it here to get some more feedback. I've shown this to 40-50 people now and so far the feedback, despite the bugs that appeared, has been positive. For now, i updated the screenshots.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
ics

Finally, after 3 more or less broken versions and this freaking cubemap issue, here is a fully cubemap armed working version that is fully playable. See 1st post for download for pl_curve_b4. Constructive feedback is more than welcome!

Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #14
stevethepocket
Mobile Ferguson is thinking about his pants.

Thanks given: 226
Thanks received: 1,006

Routes from spawn are too complicated. I found myself spawning as RED and ending up on a ledge that let me drop down behind BLU entirely by accident. Also one of the RED spawns locks people in when the associated control point is captured instead of teleporting them to the next one.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
Fr0Z3n
npc_contest_holder

Thanks given: 3,155
Thanks received: 2,863

I also had some massive FPS hits towards the end of the map in the exterior area's. I'm not 100% sure why, but it is something you need to look into.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
ics

The routes are still under work, that's something that i'm still testing for which to keep open to both sides and which could be useless and changed otherwise to be easier to navigate. I already had couple of changes, infact if the spot i think you went sthevethepocket, that is already under considerationg to change.

The spawn issue was also found yesterday on tests that i had. Changing class does fix (teleports to the next spawn)it for now and there actually is a kill trigger that activates 20 seconds later when the spawn changes. You should be able to get out of the spawn but for some reason i forgot to set the door trigger to be killed on delay so it kind of locks you in. I'll make a fix for this, thanks.

Fr0Z3n, with exterior areas, could you mean this http://forums.tf2maps.net/geek/gars/...rve_b20011.jpg area? Around the casali sign and next to planks on right? Or is it something at the other side?

Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
Fr0Z3n
npc_contest_holder

Thanks given: 3,155
Thanks received: 2,863

That one, and just about anywhere outside.

I will admit, that I go from 250 to ~120 FPS. I'm on a semi-high end computer. I don't know if anyone else was getting these hits, but usually when I drop 130fps, there is a bit of an optimization problem.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #18
ics

I can do something about that. Good that you pointed it out.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #19
ics

Just wanted to say that i have _b5 in the works. I have collected enough data to make a decision about the routes and how the map should play out, so the next version will have somewhat rapid changes to some routes and areas that will be forthe better. Along the changes, it has improved framerate on some areas, miscellaneous fixes and more clips added to avoid bumping into too sharp corner. I'll try to get it done asap, propably friday-saturday depending your timezone.

Comment  

Previous Release Next Release
Release Tools