Former Cornfield

KotH Former Cornfield rc

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
No dynamic koth. No gimmicks. No experiments. No textures in alpha. Not even an actual corn field. Just the good old standart King of the Hill.

Originally this map was called Cornfield Meet and looked like an alpine Namicott without the train. The map didn't work too well and I didn't really like essentially cloning a map, even one of my own, so I deleted everything but the skybox and started afresh. Usually I build my maps with some sort of more or less unique idea behind them, which helps me to name the map, but in this case I had an abstract layout in a .vmf that still had the old name and I couldn't come up with a good name so I just named the map Former Cornfield. I've had some better ideas since then but now I'm kinda used to the name so I guess I'm keeping it :D

Last edited:

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
I hope you don't add anything other than what's in that screenshot. It's already too perfect to improve.

i agree. i will make a new map now.

koth_sergis_c8_a20000.jpg

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
i started over once more. this time i even got to a playable stage. also the map will henceforth be known as Cornfield Meet even though it does not and most likely will not feature any corn fields. the cp area turned out a bit more faithful to my source of inspiration than i was planning, though it seems to still be ok by the contest rules.

koth_cornfield_meet_a10000.jpg

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
Namicott v2

it isn't dynamic so nope. you could call it staticott i guess :p

I'm disappointed that it isn't all the same non-dev texture. That is a doom alpha trademark for me.

i've noticed that people like dev alphas better so i went dev. i might have a textured version for myself later on and release a version retextured to dev for testing :p

Last edited:

Spacek531

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2012
I think it would be rather neat and would give the map some character if the ramps were placed on derailed locomotives.