Namicott

KotH Namicott rc

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
My 72 hour contest entry.

A KotH map where the point is on a train that moves across the map. The train movement does not depend on point ownership or anything else - it just goes back and forth through three different areas, pausing at each end. To prevent sightline along the track from being too powerful, there are doors between the areas that automatically close off the area that the train is not in.

youtube: http://youtu.be/78kCuv_E-QQ

Last edited:

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
Added more screenshots. Also here's two bonus pictures:

The blurry Plan (and two fingertips of doom)
image201107010001.jpg

The Clipping of Doom
Untitled-1.jpg

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
You should have bridges on the sides of canyon area so you have alternative way across the canyon.
Also you should make the train go CHOO CHOO when the round stars, just because.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Now we know what kind of thinking inspired Offblast.

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
The spire is bad, and scary, and hurts your mind D:

just the way i like it.

anyway, b3 is ready.

i dont really understand how people get stuck in the train. no matter how i jump around it, it never happens to me. since people dont get stuck in the payload cart, could it be vphysics working differently from brush entity collisions?

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
b5 is ready. I made the train clipping a nodraw brush. Hopefully players wont be getting stuck anymore.

edit: ok ive replicated 1 case where you get stuck. it happens when the train pushes you into the raised platform on the bridge. i want to keep that platform though so ill have to think of a workaround of some kind. curse you source physics for being unable to push players up a slope.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
make this dom

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
im not sure what to do with the train if i do. if i leave it the way it is, the train will be running over my control points. if i remove the train or make it static without using the doors, there will be the huge sightlines across the map. if i keep the doors closed, the path between points will be very narrow. and im too lazy to do big geometry adjustments for an experimental gametype :p

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
due to annual valve halloween craze i too played around with night settings, managed to make it look alright but couldnt exactly get the look i wanted so decided to drop the idea.

c.jpg

the time was not wasted however as the following characters were born

a.jpg

b.jpg

a ghost train for halloween would have been cool tho but oh well.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
THERE'S A CACTUS UP MY ASS D:

THERE'S A CACTUS UP MY ASS :D

thanks, doom

Last edited by a moderator: