Map Submission Format
• Required: Exact Map Filename (ctf_example_a4)
• Required: url to offsite OR onsite download. (dropbox prefered)
*NOTE: You can keep the same TF2Maps.net file number by clicking edit on your file's page and then simply putting a new file in the upload box. This makes it easier for you (don't have to update all your links!), easier for me, and less clutter on the site.
•May NOT be a hosting site like mega-upload or Rapid-share (wait times, codes, excessive ads, gov't take-downs, etc).
•BZ2 compressed files are greatly appreciated to save time for the host.
• If you need a specific time slot: Available time & your time zone.
• If your submission is a single stage out of a multi-stage map, please mention this. (orphaned stage)
• If you are a donator with upload abilities, please say if you have already uploaded the map.
You could follow this format:
Map file name:
Thread link: (I don't need the number, just the link)
Prefered time slot:
• A time extension may be requested for mature non-arena maps in need of fine tuning (this includes orphaned stages).
• Everyone will get a demo of their map after the test, assuming Frozen remembers getting them, i will poke him to be sure.
• The map must be playable. This means fully functional objective system, proper spawns, not fullbright, etc.
__The purpose of this testing is to help authors refine their designs, not catch newbie bugs.
• Filename MUST be versioned. (ctf_example_a1.bsp, NOT ctf_example.bsp)
__Do not rename a bsp after compile. The vmf must be renamed before compile.
• Filename must be all lowercase. (ctf_example_a1.bsp, NOT CTF_Example_A1.bsp)
__Our Linux servers don't work with uppercase names.
• Map must be IN DEVELOPMENT, finished maps do not require testing.
• Map may NOT use a point_servercommand to alter any variables.
• Map must be designed for normal play.
__This means no melee, class restricted, too small for 24 players, or otherwise gimmicky maps.
• Medieval Maps will be allowed under decision of gameday host. They will be given the last timeslot of the gameday.
• You may NOT reserve a submission without a download.
• While we do not require a thread in the map workshop forum, it is highly recommended to create one, as this will help convey the best feedback
• Non-compliance with rules will result in rejection of the submission.
• If an author has more than one map they want tested, they must be submitted to separate days.
NOTE: Any maps that have been tested in the previous weeks gamedays (regardless of version/changes) will be given lowest priority of entry into the gameday schedule, or will not be part of gameday at all.
• Submission deadline is 4:00PM UK, same day.
• Maps will get 30 minutes playtime, KotH gets 20, Arena, Orphaned stages and Medieval maps get 15 minutes.
• Submissions will be limited to 2 hours of testing.