CP Perilous

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Nestled on the side of a dormant something-or-other, Red is enjoying the sun, palms and bi-annual attempt to take over BLU conference held at a disclosed Red Island Based somewhere in the Pacific. BLU was able to determine the location of this years conference by catching one of Reds Carrier pidgeons (damn them) and intend to disrupt and end this years conference.

Being built of the TF2M Pacific Pack.

A wonderful thanks to Schwa, Eleryn, LeSwordfish and EArkham for their feedback in the early and bumpy development of a1, and their work so far with the Pacific Project.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
this is a good map. i think blu needs some kind of advantageous position when capping the first point or somewhere around the point though. it was really easy for red to contest it over and over. im not sure about engy...might be too good on this map, but it was really fun playing engy. i think attacking last will get really old with really only one good route but i dunno, it hasnt really "broken" yet and is pretty fun. i hope aly or whoever finishes and details this soon.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
I'll be looking at final a bit. I don't like reds spawn looking right at the point, so I'm going to adjust that. I still need to put the monorail in on the track, which will change the Engie spots on the road (there is 1 spot right at the junction) and I'll be looking for a place to put a third route into final.

But overall, I'm surprised at how well the map is playing.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
_a2:
- Really, a minor patch
- Added the monorail! Currently Runs ever 40-50 seconds, will kill you.
- Redid 2 of the HP/Ammo points (these still need work and will get overhauled in _a3)

I probably shouldn't have released this version without the Pick-ups overhaul, but oh well. I'll try that again in the next patch after a few plays. Also will look at spawn and cap times. I'm planning on reducing the monorail move time by 15-20 (so about 30/40 seconds)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Something I thought while playing was that since RED's spawn is right above the tunnel at the end, the two should be connected, so that the tunnel can be used as a third entrance/exit but with the risk of getting hit by the train. It makes sense, if this is RED's territory, for them to have a maintenance access route to the tunnel. Granted, it's probably easier to justify putting train gates at the entrance of the tunnel than somewhere inside it, and the "maintenance access" explanation makes less sense if there are automatically closing gates blocking them from getting any further in. And that's not getting into how it might affect gameplay.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
cp_perilous_a3c0005.jpg

Now with 100% more point A.

_a3c will be out later today.

+Redid final
>This includes: New height advantages for Blue
>New Spawn for Red
>New Pathing for Red to get around (I have 0 idea on how this will work)

+New Monorail model
+Overhauled HP and Ammo Pick ups
+Overhauled Spawn timers
+Fixed HUD bug where B and C were the listed Points, not A and B.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Here is a semi-official version of a4 of perilous. I wanted to test some things out and see how they play before comitting to it... so I guess in that case it's an actual version. Go figure.

I want to refrain for saying what I've changed and why I've changed things until after I see this played, so I can check and see if the changes are moving in the direction that I want them to.

Here's the link, it'll be played in todays test.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
dasdf.png

Hi again! So I'm pulling this out, while I'm pulling my hair out over Rust's optimization (it's getting there).

Few things about the next version that will be addressing in this release (which is coming... maybe the end of the week?)

1) I'm changing the first point to be like the image shown. The doors will open after CP1 is capped. It is intentional that only Jumpers can easily utilize that route (at the risk of the lowered health do the jump).

2) No directional change to the monorail. I've heard a LOT of complaints about it coming from blu towards red. I give you plenty of warnings about it and it was originally designed to be a defensive advantage for Red. It will remain that way.

3) I may remove the right flank through the mountain. I'm trying to build something like Upward Final, if that helps you understand the reasoning for this.

Mar 23, 2010
thats a pretty good idea will be interestin

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
I did stuff!

I thought I would get the right side back into being useful, so I'm going to try out this underground passage thing that is accessible from 2 drop down locations under the platform by the monorail station and inside the garage building. Both lead to behind the waterfall.

cp_perilous_a70000.jpg

cp_perilous_a70002.jpg

cp_perilous_a70001.jpg

cp_perilous_a70003.jpg

Oh, and there is a deathpit, because it wouldn't be perilous without a deathpit!

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
_a7 Release!

Added a cavernous route from A to B to give some lower route for attackers that has visual cover
Adjusted Health Packs
Full Health pack below B has been removed, replaced with med Ammo + HP packs.
Adjust the Monorail track to reflect a new path. Direction did not change, the tracks are currently non-solid.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
_a8 release

• Made it easier for all classes to enter and exit the cavernous route from A to B
  • Made the cavernous route more visible at one of the entrances
  • Nerfed a Sentry Spot on A, but buffed another spot near it.
  • Added additional cover on B right around the point
  • Nerfed a Sentry spot on point B due to this additional cover.
  • Removed a Window from the Garage-ish building overlooking B.
  • (Hopefully) fixed a leak in a door that would allow players to kill players during set up time
  • Kept the large pipe structure In the first Area, but removed the ability to fire over the first building.