team_control_points being locked despite Hammer saying they aren't?

Ctrl Alt Defeat

L1: Registered
Jun 10, 2014
So, I've been working on a pyramid style Attack/Defend map (Like gravelpit), but with 4 points. They're all layed out, but when the setup ends, only one of the points is unlocked. When BLU caps it, they automatically win. However, I want the first 3 to be unlocked automatically.

At the second cap, I have:

trigger_capture area
Name: cap_second_area
Start Disabled: No
Control Point: cap_second_point

team_control_point
Name: cap_second_point
Start Disabled: No
Group Index: 1
Default Owner: Red
Index: 1
Rest is default

The other one follows this the same.

On the team_control_point_master
Name: master
Cap Layout: 3,0 1 2
Restrict Team from Winning: Red

The first point is Index/Group Index 0.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I feel like it'd be an issue with the Index, but I'm not sure. I can provide more information if needed.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
I think he forgot to set the control points to have itself as previous control point. That is normaly a reason why they remain locked.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Group index would be the problem. That is for segregating CPs into individual victory conditions within one round. They should always match each other unless you want a victory without owning all active CPs.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
What does that even mean boojum? When would you want that to be the case?

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
As Sergis mentioned, the only official usage is PLR. Multiple active CPs per round, but you want them separate from each other.
Other than that, my belief is that they were an early implementation of round mechanics before they added the t_c_p_round entity for more control and probably to make the hud less cluttered.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Is this linked to the limit of only 8 cps per round?

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
If i remember it correctly, having 9 or more CP's just crashes ingame.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
No, I think that the game has the entities commit suicide and log a note in the console.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Having CPs with duplicate indices causes the later ones to fail and the console mentions it. Unless they changed it, greater than 8 simply crashes.