Mom

CP Mom A1

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
An asymmetric 3 CP map where all the CPs are actually the same CP that moves up when you capture it. Vertical play is emphasized.

Made for the 2015 Summer 72 Hour Contest.

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Something's broke with the website right now and screenshots don't show up. To substitute:

In the interest of saving vertical space, I've changed all the pictures to links. They're also in the original post for the time being.

1 2 3 4 5

Last edited:

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Your mom is hot.

Mar 23, 2010
a map in this style should be officialized. the odd angles and heights are rly fun. i just dont know if anyone can balance one properly. blorav was pretty good, mom is pretty good. i just dont know. thanks for reading.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
My judge remarks in a simpler to view format:

cp_mom

Man what a cool map. Too bad it is miserable to play. It's like, almost there, and I really hope you decide to update it after the contest. I think that this idea can actually work. You might have cracked how to do vertical A/D in TF2.

When it works, and BLU can do anything, it's pretty cool. I'm not sure what you'd detail it as, but it could be really cool if you just embraced the crazy and made it like the outside of old Aperture in Portal 2 or Tim Burton's Batman. Or a construction site? Get conpack in gaaaame

You make cool stuff. Keep it up. Make Mom good.

+ the closest I've seen a vertical map come to working, which is incredible!
- a miserable grind if red has good engineers
- hard to find paths up if you fall down while attacking a higher point

4/10​
Feel kind of mean posting this. Sorry.

S

saph

This would've been perfect for the Dynamic CP. This map is pretty fun and interesting though.