PLR Butterzone

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
highway to the butterzone

Push carts, shoot dudes. Butterzone is a single-stage plr map with lots of height variation and questionable design choices. The cart paths are a bit long, but they twist and turn to make full use of the map's area.

Last edited:

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
This map better play a terrible midi version of that song when you win.

Haromnyuszi

L2: Junior Member
Oct 20, 2010
Nice looking map. Is it going to be snowy or is it youst the white roof texture thats fooling me.
btw It better be snowy

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
I feel like in some way I helped with this map! Cant wait to play it!

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Nice looking map. Is it going to be snowy or is it youst the white roof texture thats fooling me.
btw It better be snowy
Hate to snow on your parade but I don't think I'll be heading that direction with the theme.

unrelated

TyeZenneth

May 31, 2014
You should make it a dairy farm.

Lenny

L2: Junior Member
May 2, 2013
some of the deathpits don't do the death

This is okay.

Whoever falls in the pit is now subjected to a life of infinite imprisonment and must reflect on their past sins, such as, how the hell do I get out of here?

TyeZenneth

May 31, 2014
This is okay.

Whoever falls in the pit is now subjected to a life of infinite imprisonment and must reflect on their past sins, such as, how the hell do I get out of here?
Of the seven deadly sins, 'wondering how to get out of a pit' ranks pretty low.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Finally fixed an issue where teams wouldn't spawn on the correct side of the map - Butterzone is now available for consumption.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
A Frank Discussion of the Future of Butterzone

Butterzone is kinda fun. Sometimes. Sometimes it isn't fun, and that's no good. To maximize profit margarines, I need to maximize fun. I've bread through some of the feedback, and I've come to a conclusion about the future of Butterzone. Here's a few samples of the feedback:

"I like the areas outside spawn but the middle doesn't seem to see much action"
"it generally feels like people are coming from *everywhere* on this map"

That's about all I need to read, actually. The map is too big, and it takes players too long to get to their cart when it's on the other side of the map. Gameplay isn't focused at all.

Now, knowing the issue is all well and good, but fine words butter no parsnips. What am I going to do to get Butterzone into the, well, butterzone? Let's take a look at the layout.

layout1.png

Some areas are fun, some areas aren't. Ideally, everywhere would be fun. So, we need to change the unfun areas to make them more fun! I also need to shrink the length of the map to make the gameplay more focused, as well as make the cart easier to access. Conveniently, shrinking the map will give us a great opportunity to fix the unfun areas, as so:

layout2.png

layout3.png

Am I going to just leave the buildings as they are? No, I know butter than that! Everything in that red rectangle is getting an overhaul. Maybe some other stuff too! Rest assured that it will be in a similar style to the rest of the map; height-centric maps are my bread and butter.

this is the worst thing ive ever written