Crossroads

CP Crossroads B5

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
Cp_crossroads is a small and fast paced 5cp map by meeeeeeee oh yes

Near Thunder Mountain, there have been several UFO sightings, at Lumberyard, Sawmill, Gorge... But most of all, a shipping area nicknamed "The Crossroads". Both BLU and RED have set up their own stations to research this odd phenomenon... The plan is to shoot the flying saucer down for further investigation, and there's no way either of them is letting the other team do it first. Thus, they're now both trying to take control of the other team's base, and the giant laser on top of it...

Credits:
Rock texture by Void, also thanks to Rexy for fixing the bumpmap
ICS (ics-base.net) helped a lot with the optimization
Everything else (not including official stuff of course) by Jonah (that's me)

Last edited:

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Sounds interesting, I will have to play it sometime before i understand the gamemode completely.

TMP

Abuser of Site Rules
aa
Aug 11, 2008
It BETTER coincide with this theme.. or you failed.

CONCEPTARTFORPOTATOSMAP.jpg

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
That ^
But still, I never liked the gamemode. I hope the points switch back to the original owners if they re-cap the points.

TMP

Abuser of Site Rules
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Just put a watermark on it or something.

I did that with one of my Mars things a while back when chrono used it XD. Except it was like "LOLOL CHRONO SUX" and stuff.

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
So.. because you've made this thread. I couldn't make a map using this gametype now?

It's like THEFT!

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
In snowdrift I didn't get to play with displacements or height variation that much, so that's something I'll be doing here. New screens from point A (B, A, O, A, B):
cp_crossroads0015.png

cp_crossroads0014.png

cp_crossroads0013.png

I'll try to design the layout so, that you can easily access the center CP from any point of the map, that way attackers have a better chance to prevent the defending team from capturing the point:
cp_crossroads0016.png

Feedback on layout so far please :)

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
It looks like you can shoot from B to O without obstruction. Make some more buildings next to those ones.

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
So today inspiration struck... And it did so quite hard:
cp_crossroadssym0000-1.jpg

Worked on cap A a bit... Inspiration for the layout came from viaduct, pipeline and Dario's maps in general.
cp_crossroadssym0001-1.jpg

I lost a lot of detail because I had to turn everything 45 degrees and stuff
cp_crossroadssym0002-1.jpg

cp_crossroadssym0003-1.jpg

Long sightlines are a problem I haven't been able to solve yet
cp_crossroadssym0004-1.jpg

cp_crossroadssym0005-1.jpg

More point A.
As you can see it's alpine again because I wanted to try different lighting. It might changer back to swamp later. And now I'm off to work on cap B and the reast of the map