disrupt

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
intel rooms looks big...overhead view please.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I love the retro look of the architecture.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
It looks like the future we were supposed to have in 2000, but in 1968! :D

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
Great map man....enjoyed the playtest.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
"Set between two too-futuristic-for-their-time Food Processing Plants, Supersandvich focuses on the RED and BLU team's attempts to sabotage eachothers plans to develop a performance-increasing drug for use in the battlefield - a genetically altered Sandvich aimed for mass consumption."

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
I dislike how the circle above the capture zone drops down. It interfered with my rocketjumps multiple times.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Opiinions of a1:
  • Ever so slightly too large, mostly the middle bit could do with a little shaving off so it isn't quite so open.
  • General layout was good
  • Any water not intended to put out flames needs to either be visibly shallow enough to not put out flames or to not be there at all. Water inteded to put out flames needs to actually put out flames.
  • Flag/HUD should change when flag is being carried to team colour if at all possible, look for inputs to the flag ent.
  • Incredibly promising for a1

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I love this map, after a quick runthrough I just thought it was one of the most memorable, it looks awesome even in dev and hell the layout seems nice.

Dec 25, 2007
This map was fun to play, if a little frustrating as an engineer -- but that's all good, it shows it was hard to lock down.

YM said:
Flag/HUD should change when flag is being carried to team colour if at all possible, look for inputs to the flag ent.
Sending SetTeam to the flag doesn't work correctly. I'm investigating this problem too, and since it'll apply to all neutral flags, will post what I come up with; although at the moment it looks like it might need some Valve Intervention (tm) to fix. An obvious temporary workaround would be to use game_text (or the other one, I always get them mixed up) to show the current owner on the screen.

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
seems like 90% of the captures involve someone taking the above paths and dropping down on top of the point, perhaps think of extending the wall a bit so they have to land on the ground first? Also a way to funnel defense out the top exit more often would help that as well, I swear there was another resupply room in this version, but i never spawned in it, a location partway up the stairs is a bit better, as more people will go up instead of the majority going down and not noticing the scout running it in from above

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
No one seemed to spawn in the 2nd resupply room. The spawns are exactly the same as the ones in the other room

From a pug experience, if a team was aware that a scout was taking it to the upper path he was generally killed before he could get close enough. People seem to not defend enough. I'll see what i can change

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
im reasonably sure that people spawn in the points in the order you placed them, so if you want people to spawn in both you would need to place them in alternating rooms

and honestly...this is not feedback from a pug, this is feedback from a pub, so take it as you will, but in those games with ridiculous amount of scoring, that is what happened, so...yeah...