Slupin

Nitram

L2: Junior Member
Jul 3, 2010
Would greatly appreciate any feedback, and that anyone would look at it.

Special thank goes to A Boojum Snark for his ultimate resource pack, and to YM for his tutorials and prefab pack. And my clanmates.

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
It looks nice. A few tips though:
- You should put paint patches underneath most of your pickup locations. It signals to new players that an item will spawn there, even when they've been taken.
- All of your pickups look like they're either small health or small ammo. Consider increasing the size of a few of them.
- The capture zones of all of your points seem very small. A single sticky could dislodge players from atop the spire or the final point, and a handful could kill any players on them.
- It looks like it's really easy for the attacking team to secure and hold the control points up to the final.
- The second and third screenshots have some massive sightlines.

Overall, nice looking layout. I don't think it's beta stage yet, but it looks like a fun map to play.

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
Looks great, i don't like white brick buildings in 2nd and 3rd screenshoot, it looks nice in well and freight, but not in alpine map, although its only my thoughts.

Passerby

Mar 27, 2010
looks pretty good but i dont like the look of the brick building outside and find the inside as a very quakish design

Nitram

Jul 3, 2010
Thanks for the feedback :)

- The capture zones of all of your points seem very small. A single sticky could dislodge players from atop the spire or the final point, and a handful could kill any players on them.
Final point is a bit small yes, should be easy to fix, but I think spire is big enough, doesn't need to be much bigger at least.
- The second and third screenshots have some massive sightlines.
I was aware of that, and I've got some ideas on how to split it up with some walls.

And about the brick texture, I was trying out a few textures before that, landed on that one even though I wasn't that pleased with it either, any suggestions?:p

Quakish like a duck?
That was what I thought at first, but then I realised it's quakish as in quake, although I would like a proper definition of it. :p

Last edited:

Passerby

Mar 27, 2010
Thanks for the feedback :)
That was what I thought at first, but then I realised it's quakish as in quake, although I would like a proper definition of it. :p

ah sorry i was in a rush i meant as in quake the game the indoor architecture has the same feel

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Quakeish - [1] Of resemblance to, or retrospective of, the architecture in the original Quake. [2] Resembling the gameplay or architecture of classic First-Person-Shooter games. [3] Comparative to an earthquake or tremor.

Mar 23, 2010
I love the 4th pic's spire-like thing. i sort of had something similar but worse :p

honorum646

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 9, 2009
This map has a distinct badlands feel.

You've got a spire as a cap point (just like badlands). The indoor cap with that three split bridge looks very much like badlands' final cap, not to mention it's a five cp.
This isn't meant to be taken harshly, it's just a personal observation.

I'd personally leave the spire the way it is, seeing as it's the mid point. (Actually, maybe make it a bit larger on top to avoid nasty airblasts). Also, maybe change up the final point a bit more.

Mar 23, 2010
You've got a spire as a cap point (just like badlands). The indoor cap with that three split bridge looks very much like badlands' final cap, not to mention it's a five cp.

eh. i really dont see it. a lot of the parts look original and if a part or two are similar and one part is a replica it really seems fine to me.

Nitram

Jul 3, 2010
How about blocking the long sightline like this?
attachment.php

From the other side:
attachment.php

And here's last point made a bit bigger:
attachment.php

Nitram

Jul 3, 2010
Anyone got any feedback from gameday yesterday?
One thing I really have to change is 2nd to 1st. And possibly the whole of 1st point. Any tips on how to change it would be appreciated.

Confidence Man

L1: Registered
Jun 26, 2009
For the base itself I'd maybe simplify it a bit. It seemed a little maze-like with all the doorways and halls.

I'd also move that central walkway going right over the point, it seemed a little strange to have a cap point right under it. Maybe do two walkways around the sides going over the other two doors on the lower level instead and block off coming straight out of spawn with glass or something (even more like Badlands, I know). A crude visualization:

1zw24pz.jpg

And I'd add another route from 2nd to mid, around here:

2elsf1e.jpg

It felt kind of funneled-in there.

Mid point is nice, if a little boxed-in. Maybe add some large windows in the two buildings on either side?

Mr.Late

L7: Fancy Member
Nov 27, 2009
It is quite good map, solid design and stuff. I like the middle.

-Last point is maybe a bit too hard to defend. The spawn room is also a little confusing.
-Clip the spiral in the middle. You could get stuck randomly and die because of it.
-Area between 1st and 2nd point felt confusing. You might want to make it more open or something.