CP Alborn Township

AgeNt_

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 12, 2009
Set in autumn, a little township is held by RED along a key point in the road. BLU is attacking the town in order to gain control of the road to be able to transport supplies to other fights around town.

The map is a small 1 stage, 3 CP A/D map set during the fall with the farm theme.
This map is my current portfolio project for my portfolio class and will be finished before December 23rd. (maybe, if I want to put more into it I always can)

Last edited:

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
It reminds me of artpass. C is a little less impressive. No death ray, or doomsday device, or computers and such. You got the harvest them right though :)

AgeNt_

Aug 12, 2009
Why is it a township and not a depot or something? I don't see much of a local populace.

A township does not have to have a great amount of people living in one confined area. The map was named after a township that is near my cabin and it has plenty of business buildings together in one area then houses scattered around out in the farm fields.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I quite liked it on gameday, a really promising map.

- Some of the little side-routes were a bit dull and very linear. Particularly the one that leads along up past the choke before A and the one up the ramp to B- expanding some of these from corridors to rooms might improve them.
-Spawn-A and B-C were a bit... corridor-y. A bit chokey, and easy to spam along. possibly expanding the alt routes might hep here.
-Make the final point more epic, and move the spawns back. You were basically spawning onto the point or directly above it, neither of which is great.

AgeNt_

Aug 12, 2009
Thanks for the comments. I will have to redo the second spawn for red and re-sort out the last area. I personally felt the second spawn for red was still a bit too close to the spawn to the point. I'll have to stretch it out further.

Now comes the tough part of rearranging the last point to get it to feel the way I wanted it.

AgeNt_

Aug 12, 2009
Some new screenshots for the new version
cp_alborn_township_a40001.jpg

cp_alborn_township_a40002.jpg